Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a company/members.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    If you want to be really pedantic (which is why I responded), there are two clauses in your response that directly contradict one another.

If he cannot accept anybody's offer, it would imply that there are no regiments out there who recruit only above the age of eighteen (or twenty-one). And well, since there are some out there who do operate on that basis, it cannot be true...

Well, we're digressing here in a large way and that is my fault. My own recommendation to Childish Gambino is to spend some time on the servers, meet some folk and see where it leads him. There are many fine groups out there, Union and Confederate, who would be a fine fit.
    I never said that there was no one who recruits 18+, during my time in this game and on the forums, I've either seen no age requirement or a middle teens requirement.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Looks like you wont accept anybody's offer because almost all allow people under 18 to join our companies/regiments. Also you are implying that only age equals the mental capacity to act mature.
    I know that my set limitations may make it more difficult to find a company, but those are my limitations.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Without having taken a hard census of ages, I can say with confidence that the Sixth Louisiana is within the parameters of historical accuracy for our regiment. You are more than welcome to fall-in with the "Tigers" to test the waters.

To be the devil's advocate, but I doubt that is true. I'm sure most units will have young lads in their units lying about their age. No 18+ only unit is 100% over the 18+ age either, lying about your age online is as easy as breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    To be the devil's advocate, but I doubt that is true. I'm sure most units will have young lads in their units lying about their age. No 18+ only unit is 100% over the 18+ age either, lying about your age online is as easy as breathing.
    Can confirm, I have done so in the past.
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh

CSA Captain

Wanted to drop another post updating my 'Looking for Company' status.

I've changed my limitations from just 18+ to 16+, but I am looking for a serious North American based company as my times aren't as flexible these days. Add me on steam (Link to steam profile ->) here (<- Link to steam profile) and let's talk.
    Last edited by Childish Gambino; 03-25-2018 at 11:22 PM.

USA Brigadier General

KÄMPFE FÜR SIGEL! KÄMPFE MIT DEN GERMAN RANGERS

Die 52. New York Infanterie, Kompanie A, sucht nach tüchtigen deutschen Brüdern im wehrfähigen Alter um unsere neue Heimat und die Republik zu verteidigen! Du bist bereit mit Sigel und uns für die Union zu kämpfen?
    Dann melde dich hier!

Historisch war die 52. New Yorker Infanterie eines der wenigen Regimenter, welche ausschließlich aus Deutschen bestand. Wir legen Wert auf Realismus und historische Authentizität, dabei darf das Roleplay nicht fehlen um das Feeling komplett zu machen. Selbstverständlich sprechen wir Deutsch, allerdings werden die Befehle auf Englisch gegeben, allein schon weil es sich "richtiger" anfühlt.
    Jetzt aber nicht abgeschreckt sein, weil das Englische nicht so gut sitzt. Das snd einfachste Vokabeln, die auch ganz schnell in Fleisch und Tastatur übergehen. Wir haben einige tapfere Recken in unseren Reihen, die kein Wort Englisch sprechen, aber im Schlaf die Befehle umsetzen können!

Natürlich darf auch neben dem ganzen Realismus der Spaß nicht fehlen und ich darf Versprechen, dass der definitiv nicht fehlt, den eine gute und familiäre Atmosphäre ist uns wichtig.

Ich freue mich schon, dich in unseren Reihen begrüßen zu dürfen, Rekrut!

Captain der 52. New Yorker Infanterie, Kompanie A

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

We are striving to provide a very friendly environment in our company. So whatever your level of experience is with games you are welcome here. We have mostly guys that are 25+ in age and have a few guys that are 60+. Now we will accept everybody that is 16+ in age as long as your mature minded and can role-play and act respectful on the drill camp and battlefield. We have people from over the world in our company EU / NA.

We need recruits - Corporals - Sgt's - Officers.

Promotion is a combination of time you are with us - the passion you have for the game (activity in-game and our steamgroup/ webpage) - the qualities you have to play a curtain role/rank. Not everyone can be promoted the majority we need are hard fighting soldiers.

Games we tend to play:
    War of Rights
    Arma III
    Squad
    (soon to be released) Hell Let Loose
    Scourge of War Gettysburg

Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

CSA Captain

I have just purchased myself the Captain package so I can get involved with the testing of this game and I would like to find a company to play with. I am based in the UK so a European based company will be best suited for me. I am a long time PC gamer, and only play games that require teamwork and good communication. I have read a few posts here that say its best to try a few companies out before joining one so I might be looking to try out a few groups before I commit to joining a certain one but I hope people can be accommodating of that. Looking forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    I have just purchased myself the Captain package so I can get involved with the testing of this game and I would like to find a company to play with. I am based in the UK so a European based company will be best suited for me. I am a long time PC gamer, and only play games that require teamwork and good communication. I have read a few posts here that say its best to try a few companies out before joining one so I might be looking to try out a few groups before I commit to joining a certain one but I hope people can be accommodating of that. Looking forward to hearing from some of you soon.
    Welcome to the forum and the game. I have sent you a PM. Always welcome to try out the 3rd Alabama!
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

About us:

The German Volunteers is a community of likeminded German companies for the game War of Rights fighting for both Factions,
    which will strife to provide a fun gaming experience for anyone interested in the German participation in the US Civil War.
    All participating companies are either historically mostly german companies, are german based communities
    or have a general interest in building a community around the german side of the Civil War.

Our Goal is to build a gaming community around these common factors, and to build a Website and Teamspeak for common use.
    We are a loose federation without a rigid rank structure and treat each participating company as equal among all others.
    The community guidelines and rules to be determined and layed out are our overarching way of organising the community,
    with each company being allowed complete freedom in treating internal affairs.

How to Join:

Any companies who wish to be part of this community and feel like our approach is for them,
    please contact our Legion Commander or one of the company leaders specified below.

If you are a player and are interested in joining the community,
    please head over to the threads of the individal member companies
    or contact the Company Commanders linked below for information on how to join them!

We are also still searching for capable and reliable officers to join our Legion Staff!
    If you want to take part in shaping our community and help in organization and administration,
    please contact our Legion Commander Willhelm von Steinhausen.

Legion Commander: Colonel Willhelm von Steinhausen (IronWilliam)

Legion Staff Officer: Captain Hermann Richter (Johnny)

Participating Companies:

Company A - 52nd New York Volunteer Infantry "German Rangers"

Company Commander: Captain Paul Frank (Maximus Decimus Meridius)

Company A - 18th North Carolina Infantry Regiment "The German Volunteers"

Company Commander: Captain Leopold von Winkler (Winkler)

Company A - 20th New York Infantry Regiment "Turner Rifles"

Company Commander: Captain Friedrich von Platen (von Platen)

Company A - 1st Louisiana Infantry "Wheat's Tigers"

Company Commander: Captain Albert von Magdeburg (Albert)

Company G - 2nd Maine - "Bangor Tigers"
    Company Commander: Captain Daniel Sargent (Doctor)

Battery A - 1st New Jersey Light Artillery - "Hexamer's Battery"

Battery Commander: Captain William Hexamer (zerosius)

Company I - 1st New York Cavalry Regiment "Lincoln Cavalry"

Company Commander: Captain Draine Henry J. (Kiwi)

United States of America (USA) - 5 Members

Confederate States of America (CSA) - 2 Members
    Infantry Companies
    Company A - 52nd New York Volunteer Infantry "German Rangers"
    Company A - 20th New York Infantry Regiment "Turner Rifles"
    Company G - 2nd Maine Volunteers "Bangor Tigers"
    Infantry Companies
    Company A - 18th North Carolina Infantry Regiment "The German Volunteers"
    Company A - 1st Louisiana Infantry "Wheat's Tigers"
    Artillery Batteries
    Battery A - 1st New Jersey Light Artillery - "Hexamer's Battery"

Cavalry Companies