Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a company/members.

Madison Light Artillery "Moody's Battery"
    Also known as the Madison "Tips" (Tipperarys), this was a unit mostly made up of Irishmen.

At the Battle of Sharpsburg, the battery reportedly had two 3-inch rifles and two 24-pounder howitzers. The men helped to repulse numerous enemy attacks during the battle.
    When the Federal General Mansfield's XII Corps troops began their counterattack through the East Woods and into farmer Miller's Cornfield, the men where on the field behind Ripley's Brigade.
    In the late afternoon of 17 September Units of Sykes' US Regular Division are in position to break through the center of the Confederate line on the outskirts of Sharpsburg. The battery was located at the front line(!) during this attack and had to fall back to a safe location to continue the fighting.

JOIN NOW

The battery moved with Jackson across the Potomac and spent three days in Frederick where according to their biographer their wants and needs were met by the local citizens. The battery then recrossed the Potomac with Jackson and entered Martinsburg on September 12th. On the 15th Jackson placed the battery among the guns on Loudoun Heights, from where it participated in the reduction of Harper's Ferry. Immediately after the surrender of the garriosn, the battery force marched back across the Potomac and north to Sharpsburg. They arrived along the Antietam on the evening of the 16th and were aligned along several hills on Lee's left flank to protect both his flank and the fords to the army's rear.

On the morning of the 17th the artillery on Lee's left engaged Federal batteries for nearly two hours. Federal infantry threatened the position near mid-morning but was met by Jackson's infantry. The infantry battle soon shifted further south toward the Dunkard Church and again the artillery found itself with little suppport. Federal infantry massed infront of the artillery and soon advance. Brockenborough, temporarily in command of his battery and five others, 24 guns in all, orders his men "Do not pull a lanyard until you get the command." He waited until the Federal line was nearly on top of his guns, then all 24 opened with double canister. Three times the Federals charged, and three times they were repulsed. W.W. Goldsborough writes "The ground was literally covered - nay; piled - with the slain and amimed of the enemy."

Looking for volunteers!
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4284&dateline=1491424373

Join the 2nd Maryland Light Artillery (Baltimore Light Artillery) today!

CSA Captain

Join the Richmond Howitzers today!
    An elite unit, the Howitzers served with distinction from 1st Manassas to Appomattox

CSA Major

We are a small group who are trying to make a fun, and yet disciplined company. Our rank structure isn’t strict, and it is not meant to be recreate a military all the time. However, in combat, we follow the chain of command, and work as a unit. We are looking for more people with like minds. If you are worried that you don’t have any experience to join a company, don’t worry. We have some basic training and commands to help you out, and to eventually make you, at least somewhat, a competent recruit. We have about two training days each week, and do one event with Ewell's Division on the weekends. We are specifically looking for more Americans in our second platoon, but we are open to pretty anybody who has a good mindset.

To join, or to receive more details, add 21st.NC(A)]Cpt.Vaesen on steam.
    See you on the battlefield!

CSA Captain

Click the poster for details.
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

USA Sergeant

Hello, I'm looking for a realism-oriented union company, I'm from Sweden so I'd like to join one with at least a few other European members. I have some experience from a realism unit in the WW2 game Day of Infamy where I served as a corporal, sergeant and later as the company clerk. I developed some leadership skills, but mostly I did a lot of clerical work like forum templates, personell records and back-end administration for our website. I left the unit, after about a year of service, in August with an honourable discharge when they switched to another game.
    I've also played some M&B Napoleonic Wars but not in a unit.

Reply or send a PM if you want to recruit me.
    Last edited by Techninja; 10-07-2017 at 10:53 PM.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Techninja View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for a realism-oriented union company, I'm from Sweden so I'd like to join one with at least a few other European members. I have some experience from a realism unit in the WW2 game Day of Infamy where I served as a corporal, sergeant and later as the company clerk. I did a lot of clerical work like forum templates, personell records and back-end administration for our website. I've also played some M&B Napoleonic Wars but not in a unit.

Hello I am Captain Ross of the 95thNew York we are a mixed American and European Company Here is my steam if you are intrested from there I will inform you of our operations.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075535739/
    Last edited by Ross; 10-07-2017 at 10:57 PM.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Techninja View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for a realism-oriented union company, I'm from Sweden so I'd like to join one with at least a few other European members. I have some experience from a realism unit in the WW2 game Day of Infamy where I served as a corporal, sergeant and later as the company clerk. I developed some leadership skills, but mostly I did a lot of clerical work like forum templates, personell records and back-end administration for our website. I left the unit, after about a year of service, in August with an honourable discharge when they switched to another game.
    I've also played some M&B Napoleonic Wars but not in a unit.

42nd Pennsylvania's Company F is all EU members. If you're inserted please do add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012919815/

CSA Colonel

Enlist In The 2nd Maryland Volunteer Infantry Today!

Join the 2nd Maryland Volunteer Infantry. Fight with Marylanders in the Maryland Campaign in order to defend or free Maryland. The 2nd Maryland Volunteer Infantry is a NEUTRAL company accepting both Confederate and Union players. We are 27 active men and growing with 15 already owning the alpha and hope to gain more men to fill in squad platoon and sectional roles such as command or just the back bone of the company. We wish to be semi-realistic but still wish to have fun while doing so. So join today either sign and application on the forum http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...-Co-A-amp-Co-B or join on the company tool and within 1-3 days you will be accepted.

Great choices

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Hello I am Captain Ross of the 95thNew York (and I am hard to understand) we are a mixed American and European Company Here is my steam if you are intrested from there I will inform you of our operations.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075535739/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    42nd Pennsylvania's Company F is all EU members and all we do is drill and sing songs. . If you're inserted please do add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012919815/