Thread: IF you live in the U.S. or can get here by April 2nd 2016 you need to read this!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

IF you live in the U.S. or can get here by April 2nd 2016 you need to read this!

I just got this invite in the mail from the Civil War Trust Foundation, and thought I'd share in case ya'll don't get these updates.

Quote Originally Posted by The Civil War Trust Foundation
    Battlefield parks across the country are gearing up for Park Day on Saturday, April 2. Please join us and make a difference at your local park!

Park Day is the Civil War Trust’s annual initiative where volunteers take on preservation projects at battlefields and state parks across the country. Anyone can join. Click here to find a park near you.

If you’re in Virginia, we have a special Generations Cadet Conference event on Park Day at the Wilderness battlefield. When you become a Wilderness Soldier, you’ll don the uniforms and learn the drills in the actual Virginia Wilderness—the scene of brutal combat characterized by confusing fighting in the tangled second-growth thickets. Join us with your guests aged 8 to 18 for an unforgettable experience. To learn more and register, click here.

These events are a great opportunity to spend a day at the park. From painting, to landscaping, to clearing trails, there are so many ways to help beautify our parks. Your support will make a big impact for years to come. Thank you for your effort in protecting our battlefields across the America.

Molly Nesbitt,
    Development Associate for Stewardship

P.S. Volunteer for a preservation project on April 2nd! Find a park near you here.
    Since I live near so many, I guess my decision is which one to go to.

smiley_salute.gif

There is only 3 where I am at, I guess I should decide it too

USA Sergeant

I got none unfortunetly. Central Texas didn't have any battles.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

Living in Fredericksburg, I may be able to find a couple.

CSA Major

Great initiative, too bad I can't attend any!

CSA Colonel

Might be able to go to some sights, if I am available, I'm going
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

I live pretty close to Virginia, so I might be able to even get there.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

none near me in NY