Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: How will this game handle discipline ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but 27 men isn't a mega unit by any stretch of the imagination. Mega units are like 150-200 strong.
    I hate to burst your bubble but the devs have said that they are aiming for 200 players so even though 27 people seems small it's really quite substantial. If each side only has 100 players and if your company alone has 27 members you already make up nearly a third of the fighting force, and if these are dedicated members the regiment will grow up until it take up an entire team. Armies, and Mega Companies are inevitable even if the community vows to never form them, there will be "THAT GUY" who just doesn't care

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but the devs have said that they are aiming for 200 players so even though 27 people seems small it's really quite substantial. If each side only has 100 players and if your company alone has 27 members you already make up nearly a third of the fighting force, and if these are dedicated members the regiment will grow up until it take up an entire team. Armies, and Mega Companies are inevitable even if the community vows to never form them, there will be "THAT GUY" who just doesn't care
    Thought they were aiming for way more than that after all the blurb says hundreds that to me is in the 300+ category anything else will be a colossal let down and lack of ambition. Companies will easily be able to get into the 40s members wise and if it's only 100 then you limit the size of the team and what they can do.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    27 is indeed quite a nice number for a single company, but not for a brigade with four companies. That, I believe, is the point Bravescot is trying to make.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    27 is indeed quite a nice number for a single company, but not for a brigade with four companies. That, I believe, is the point Bravescot is trying to make.
    ^ This was the point I was trying to make.

CSA Major

Hmmm,

Does this mean we can expect to play lots of large battles that are essentially 1 battalion (made up of lots of companies all from the same group/clan) vs another that's similarly composed?

I was thinking a historical battle game would entail many different and diverse companies from a wide range of battalions representing the multitude of diversity present at Antietem?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SemajRednaxela View Post
    Hmmm,

Does this mean we can expect to play lots of large battles that are essentially 1 battalion (made up of lots of companies all from the same group/clan) vs another that's similarly composed?

I was thinking a historical battle game would entail many different and diverse companies from a wide range of battalions representing the multitude of diversity present at Antietem?
    Eventually there will be battalions large enough to take up one side of a server, but I think it would be better to have multiple conpanies or regiments instead, make it more interesting and unpredictable as you won't have direct communication with another company.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SemajRednaxela View Post
    Hmmm,

That's all up to the players. If people choose to form massive units and then have organized events against other massive units, then that's the way it will go. But judging from the multitude of small and medium sized companies just here on the forum, I wouldn't get too worried about that.

I actually expect the community to go in a different direction entirely with small companies organizing themselves into a sort of regiment or brigade based coalition but still maintaining individual units within a larger one. That is ultimately where I would like to see War of Rights go.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

I think it's about time for this thread to close, we have gone off the topic