Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Confederate Rank Icons

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Looks good!

Made this thread sticky, so its always on top!
    Thank you Hinkel, much appreicated! I've been working really hard on these :3 speaking of which...........

More to come soon guys! I will get working on 3 more sets and should have them done sometime within the next two weeks -> next sets that are up are: Light Gray with Blue, Dark Grey with Red (for the Artillery; will include Ordinance Sergeant), and Light Grey with Yellow for the Cavalry (will include most if not all of their special ranks as well)

Have a great day everyone! Happy hump day
    Captain MacMillan
    Officer
    S-3, Head of Lighthouse Corps
    C Company Command
    1st Battalion Virginia Regulars

CSA Brigadier General

Oh very nice lad cracking job.

Got question for you guys, I've found that Mississippi had their own rank markings pictured below however were they used in the units attached to the anv or just in the state? Also if they were used can they be added in game and anyone with skills make them haha

insignia-army-mississippi-civil-war-america-illustration-white-background-63151505.jpg

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post

Got question for you guys, I've found that Mississippi had their own rank markings pictured below however were they used in the units attached to the anv or just in the state? Also if they were used can they be added in game and anyone with skills make them haha

insignia-army-mississippi-civil-war-america-illustration-white-background-63151505.jpg
    Yes please do the same for the South Carolina insignia!

image.jpg

Gold is staff silver in line
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Locke1740 View Post
    Yes please do the same for the South Carolina insignia!

image.jpg

Gold is staff silver in line
    Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post

I will attempt both of these - have yet to touch Officer Ranks - will be working on Artillery and Cavalry ranks first however, seeing as it'll most likely benefit more people on the Confederate side of the community. I believe that those rank insignia's were primarily, if not solely, for Confederate State Militias whom rarely left their home state.
    Captain MacMillan
    Officer
    C Company Command

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by MacMillan View Post
    I will attempt both of these - have yet to touch Officer Ranks - will be working on Artillery and Cavalry ranks first however, seeing as it'll most likely benefit more people on the Confederate side of the community. I believe that those rank insignia's were primarily, if not solely, for Confederate State Militias whom rarely left their home state.
    Well, the military insignia encyclopedia does say that those were for the Volunteer Forces of South Carolina, but whatever you think, your the one making these. Good luck!
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Captain

nice job OP

CSA Captain

Nice job on the icons it does look very good. What are you using to make them?
    Captain Benjamin J. West of the 21st Mississippi Infantry, 1st Battalion,
    Co. D Jeff Davis Guards

CSA Major General

Fantastic, they look great!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z25 View Post
    nice job OP
    Thanks W1Z25!

Quote Originally Posted by Tet Coffee Creamer View Post
    Nice job on the icons it does look very good. What are you using to make them?
    I've been using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to make the icons Thank you very much Tet!
    Captain MacMillan
    Officer
    C Company Command

Great job Captian MacMillian!

Could you do a colonel's rank?