Thread: 16th Michigan Infantry Regiment Company A & B "Brady's & Dygert's Sharpshooters "

USA Lieutenant Colonel

16th Michigan Infantry Regiment Company A & B "Brady's & Dygert's Sharpshooters "

Regiment Name: 16th Michigan Infantry Regiment
    Regiment Tags: 16thMI_A or B _ rank_name ( A or B for comapny name )
    Faction: Union

Company A: " Brady's Sharpshooters "
    Company B: " Dygert's Sharpshooters "
    Company C: " Jardine's Sharpshooters " (If 1864 is added to the game timeline)

A little bit about us:
    Brady's Sharpshooters and Dygert's Sharpshooters were both in the 16th Michigan as companies, however both companies formed together making the 1st Independent Company of Sharpshooters attached to the 16th Michigan (Jardine's Sharpshooters being added in 1864). So we are the 16th Michigan but we are also the 1st Independent Company of Sharpshooters. We were equipped with Prussian Lorenz and Schuetzen Rifles, we had 1861 Springfields and 1853 Enfields along with Rifle 1850s, Hawkens and other hunting rifles as well as Target rifles which weighed no more than 16 pounds. We "liberated" a federal armoury of it's 1863 "Zouave" Springfields and we also had the mighty 1859 Sharps rifle and for a period of time we had 1859 Sharps Carbines in our possession. Because we were somewhat of an independent company we were not under the uniform code of the state of Michigan so we were issued federal uniforms.
    Last edited by Perkyczniko; 06-03-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Historical Value

USA Brigadier General

ew it's the WPMA...anyways good luck

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    ew it's the WPMA...anyways good luck
    Didn't say that to me, eh? Yea were terrible, I'll admit that, or at least Company A
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Locke1740 View Post
    Didn't say that to me, eh? Yea were terrible, I'll admit that, or at least Company A
    Yeah, it's just some picking Fun, Tell Dom i said Hi. and you guys aren't that bad, i've honestly seen plenty of other regiments that are shit tier

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    Yeah, it's just some picking Fun, Tell Dom i said Hi. and you guys aren't that bad, i've honestly seen plenty of other regiments that are shit tier
    already told Dom!
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Brigadier General

Heads up, apparently this was one company, Brady's Sharpshooters was commanded by Dygert.

http://www.migenweb.org/michiganinth...ters/161ss.htm <--- The roster
    Last edited by JaegerCoyote; 04-16-2016 at 08:22 AM.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

USA Brigadier General

First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V