Thread: Taking over roles

USA Captain

Taking over roles

From all of the media we have seen like the kickstarter video, a captain gives out commands and people under his command follow it and can see visual markers that he has set such as where to form a line. However, when a captain dies the 1st lietenant takes control of the company, will we see something where a hud aid or something appears and says that 1st lietenant ... is now in charge of the company and he is given complete control of the company until the captain respawns or makes his way back to the company's flag bearer for example. Similarly, can others pick up instruments when the musician dies and the same for flag bearers?

CSA Colonel

Hopefully that will be the case
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Lieutenant General

A deep system like that may help or may hurt gameplay simplicity.

I think if the officer just shouts on the mic "Hear my voice I am taking command!" that should suffice if you happen to be in a group that was following orders to begin with.
    Honestly if you wanna be historical your taking commands from any officer / NCO behind you and the drums regardless. Should have no effect on the warfighter.

If it is full on Alamo type shit and our really down on men that is when you should appreciate the experience of a Corporal or NCO. Unless his name is xXXPussySlayer1998XXx and is shouting for a charge.
    Last edited by Cube210; 04-19-2016 at 02:30 PM.

USA Brigadier General

I think in the video of the crossing of burnside bridge(i believe it's the Kickstarter video) that's a sergeant giving out the orders, as they did say a sergeant has the choice between a rifle and bayonet or a pistol and sword. But then again it could be an officer. What i'm getting at is that is that the whole lining up system could be for nco's and up

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    I think in the video of the crossing of burnside bridge(i believe it's the Kickstarter video) that's a sergeant giving out the orders, as they did say a sergeant has the choice between a rifle and bayonet or a pistol and sword. But then again it could be an officer. What i'm getting at is that is that the whole lining up system could be for nco's and up
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ghlight=orders

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    Your right, I watched it again and it was a sergeant, what I think is happening is that the within the company, the highest ranking officer there becomes the "Captain" and can give out orders, when the highest ranking one dies, the next highest will take over all the way until the corporal I guess.