Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else mad about the new field report and the drill camp details about the alpha

USA Captain

Thumbs up Anyone else mad about the new field report and the drill camp details about the alpha

exert from the field report im talking about

https://warofrights.com/Fieldreport2...ationContainer

"Due to this, we've decided to kick things off by inviting a relatively small section of our Alpha level backers (Captain tier and higher) in the first wave. Every Lieutenant-Colonel tier backer and higher will receive an invite. Once the major bugs (and we do mean major) have been found by this relatively small group of people, we'll open up the Drill Camp with quite a few bits of added content (doubling the Drill Camp map size with the inclusion of a CSA army camp) to the rest of our Alpha backers (Major Physical, Major & Captain). We cannot go into detail about when we'll open up for this segment just yet – that very much depends on how well the initial wave of invites go, but we're certainly not talking months but weeks."

so lets sum all this up, if you bought Lieutenant-Colonel or higher you now will get into the alpha mid may(roughly) and if you bought captain and major you have to wait until an unknown time later. WHAT!?!??!

at the time of my purchase/donation/pledge/ whatever you want to call it/ i bought the captain rank so that way i could get into the very first closed alpha, i looked at every other tier and everything captain and up is supposed to get in the first alpha. well now we are being told that its Lieutenant-Colonel and higher. but now after reading this i see that im being forced to wait while others are allowed to help test even though on the page it says we are all allowed closed alpha at the same time. (speaking about captain and higher)

what are your thoughts? the buy page still shows that captain+ gets the alpha at the same time, but now they are only letting Lieutenant-Colonel and higher in at the start. do you feel thats fair to the captains and majors?

USA Sergeant

This is how some/many alphas do it. Opening up access in small groups.
    They need to be sure the servers are working and can support the number of players that have access.

I really think this is to be expected in a development like this.

But I do understand why you are a bit angry... I would likely be too if I was in your situation.
    (but I didn't have the money back then for anything other than private and with exams it is properly a good thing that I don't get access during may anyway)

The devs could have been a bit more clear about this during the kickstarter. But on the other hand I think it is hard for them to plan exactly how they do the testing before they even know if they are going to make the game.

In the end it really depend on how much delay in getting access there end up being...
    Last edited by thomas aagaard; 05-03-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

CSA Major

The Florida Scrub, On the East Bank of the Kissimmee River.
    Hello,

I see your point, and like you I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't get to take part in the first batch of testing. Although it may be a bit unfair, I think i'd be ok with waiting a bit longer for access because we'll be letting some other users work out the major bugs, so when it's opened up for us, we'll actually be able to play. Also they also need smaller groups to feel their way through since this is the 1st stage. I'm sure once they feel their way through it won't be long before they open it to all of us.

Cheers,
    Richter.
    Last edited by Richter; 05-03-2016 at 11:26 PM.

"I might as well take all of this, fellow, but I want you to understand I ain't stealing from the dead. It ain't no use to you any more, and it will be a godsend for me out in the scrub. I won't bury you, 'cause they'll find you sooner or later and send you back home. And I know you'd rather be with your folks than here in these woods." -Tobias McIvey, A Land Remembered

I'm pretty sure they're doing it in waves to, mainly, not stress their servers. I'd rather wait a bit and be able to play with an atleast somewhat good connection rather than everybody jumping miles.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Brigadier General

I understand your point. you and me bought this tier to be one of the first who play the alpha but i can also understand why its impossible. The best solution would have been if they divide from beginning in to alpha phases.

I am also a little bit mad because i have to wait meanwhile some guys are able to play in 2 weeks or so. But there are some other great games which will be released in some days like Stellaris or Total war Warhammer.

But i can't wait. GIVE ME A FINISHED VERSION OF WAR OF RIGHTS!!! NOW!!!!!
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by thomas aagaard View Post
    This is how some/many alphas do it. Opening up access in small groups.
    They need to be sure the servers are working and can support the number of players that have access.
    I have alpha/beta tested many many games (well over 100 across pc and xbox) even doing it as a job aswell, if they wanted a small group of people to test the game, why not open it to all backers and get the ones with alot of game testing experience in it? why go with the "you guys all gave money for an alpha, but only the people who shell the very most get in at the start" approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    Hello,

I see your point, and like you I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't get to take part in the first batch of testing. Although it may be a bit unfair, I think i'd be ok with waiting a bit longer for access because we'll be letting some other users work out the major bugs, so when it's opened up for us, we'll actually be able to play. Also they also need smaller groups to feel their way through since this is the 1st stage. I'm sure once they feel their way through it won't be long before they open it to all of us.

Cheers,
    Richter.
    once again, if they had planned to do it in groups, then why not list on the buy page "if you buy captain-major, you get in phase 2 of closed alpha" instead of just now telling us?
    Last edited by W1Z25; 05-04-2016 at 12:58 AM.

USA Lieutenant General

It has been explained before that it will be in waves.

Those who paid more are admittedly more invested and deserving but primarily they are in smaller number and due to their financial investment will be more likely to actually play the closed alpha.

A very short time will pass granted no major devastatingly bad bugs arise upon which time they will then release it to a wider span of players.

Many games have been done this way such as CS:GO to which I can personally attest to. Anyone who uses a 4:3 resolution you are welcome.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cube210 View Post
    It has been explained before that it will be in waves.

Those who paid more are admittedly more invested and deserving but primarily they are in smaller number and due to their financial investment will be more likely to actually play the closed alpha.

A very short time will pass granted no major devastatingly bad bugs arise upon which time they will then release it to a wider span of players.

Many games have been done this way such as CS:GO to which I can personally attest to. Anyone who uses a 4:3 resolution you are welcome.
    can you link to a statement saying it would be in partial alpha waves? the only thing i've read is on the buy page that it would be closed alpha, closed beta, open beta, retail

CSA Colonel

I think they are letting all the Lt. Col. And higher work the major crap out and then everyone else finds the smaller-er bugs
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

USA Captain

at least you didnt donate private thinking you would get beta like me </3