Thread: what musket did sweden infantry use in 1805-1812

what musket did sweden infantry use in 1805-1812

i have looked every where for answer but found nothing so i ask you guys here

any know?

Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    i have looked every where for answer but found nothing so i ask you guys here

any know?
    I searched for 'bout 10 mins I had nothing good to do, so here you go if you want to check the site I found go ahead!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_infantry

Line infantry is a type of infantry which composed the basis of European land armies from the middle of the 17th century to the middle of the 19th century.
    Line infantry appeared in the 17th century. At the beginning of 17th century the Swedish king Gustavus Adolphus decided to equip his army with firearms with wheellocks, but only his cavalry received them in his lifetime. Shortly after his death, the Swedish infantry was equipped with new muskets with wheellocks which were comparatively light when compared to older muskets, making it easier to fire the weapon without the aid of a support. Moreover, the new musket required less iron and it turned out to be cheaper to mass-produce. This firearm made it possible to create line infantry.

In the middle of the 17th century, the muskets of line infantry had bayonets added. Bayonets were attached to the muzzles of muskets and were used when line troops entered melee combat. They also helped to defend against cavalry.
    At the end of the 17th century, muskets were replaced by lighter and cheaper infantry fusils with flintlocks, weighing 5 kg with a caliber of 17.5 mm, first in France and then in other states. In many countries, the new fusils retained the name "musket". Both muskets and fusils were smoothbore, which lessened their accuracy and range.
    The bulk of the line infantry had no protective equipment. Only the former elite troops could keep by tradition some elements of protection, for example, the copper mitre caps of grenadiers.

Hello there d00d, welcome to the forum!
    The Swedish army did not have an incredible amount of personally produced weaponry, and had one of the smallest impacts in the Napoleonic War. However, one of the things they did was import weaponry, such as the Brown Bess from Britain1. Additionally, though I cannot substantiate it, there is a good chance they might have made a copy of the French M1777 Charleville .69 caliber Musket, though not before 1808 when King Gustavus hated everything French with a passion.
    Hope this helps d00d.

1. http://www.napoleonicwarsforum.com/v...t=180&start=20