Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 69th New York Infantry Regiment "The Fighting 69th" Co. E & F

USA Captain

69th New York Infantry Regiment "The Fighting 69th" Co. E & F

69th New York Infantry Regiment "The fighting 69th" companies E & F

History
    (if im correct this flag is given to the 69th by the prince of wales)

The 69th Infantry Regiment is an infantry regiment of the United States Army. It is from New York City, part of the New York Army National Guard. It is known as the "Fighting Sixty-Ninth", a name said to have been given by Robert E. Lee during the Civil War. An Irish heritage unit, as the citation from poet Joyce Kilmer illustrates, this unit is also nicknamed the "Fighting Irish", immortalized in Joyce Kilmer's poem When the 69th Comes Home. Between 1917 and 1992 it was also designated as the 165th Infantry Regiment. It is headquartered at the 69th Regiment Armory in Manhattan.

The regiment currently consists of a single light infantry battalion (1st Battalion, 69th Infantry Regiment) and is part of the 27th Infantry Brigade of the 42nd Infantry Division. Its history dates back to 1849, when it was created as the 9th Regiment New York State Militia, and A Company, 1/69 can trace roots back to the American Revolution. The regiment has seen combat in five wars: the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Iraq War and the Afghanistan War. It has also participated in 23 campaigns, so many that the staffs of its regimental colors are authorized to be one foot longer than normal to accommodate them all.

Battle honours

Manassass, VA 1861

Yorktown, VA 1862
    Antietam, MD 1862
    Fredericksburg, VA 1862

Chancellorsville, VA 1863
    Gettysburg, PA 1863

Petersburg, VA 1864
    Appomattox, VA 1865

Rules & Regelations

you must be 13 years or older, if not, we will talk with you and decide from there

Be mature, no racism nor sexism will be tolerated in the companies

All (senior non-commisoned) Officers of a higher rank may, during events, overrule any decision or protocol during live events at their discretion.

address another fellow enlisted man by his surname

An NCO should be addressed by his rank and surname together or by his rank alone, you may address most of the sergeants (QMS) by "Sergeant" rather than saying their full rank, You must address a Sergeant major by his full rank though

An Officer should be addressed by his rank and surname together, his rank alone, or by Sir. Don't call an NCO Sir, for a NCO wasn't a "gentleman"

captain.png Cpt: Captain is the highest rank in the 69th company's "E, F" The job role of a captain is to control the company is the most efficient way possiable. He is expected by his highers to lead his men in to battle with honor, he will be commanded by his highers on were his company is needed most on the battle in which he will then have full control on what he does in this part of the battlefield. This way he can allow the 69th as a whole to conquerthe enemy so good coordination from both his highers and his peers will be needed for this to happen!

Irish Gaelic

captain.png Cpt: Is Captaen an chéim is airde sa chuideachta 69 ar "E, F" Is é an jobrole ar chaptaen a rialú go bhfuil an chuideachta an mbealach possiable is éifeachtaí. Tá sé ag súil leis ag a Highers a bheith i gceannas a chuid fear i do cath le onóir, beidh hug a gceannas ag a Highers ar bhí Tá a chomhlacht teastáil chuid is mó ar an cath ina dTéann mbeidh sé ag ansin smacht iomlán ar cad a dhéanann sé sa chuid seo den catha. Beidh Sa chaoi seo is féidir leis a chumas an 69ú ina iomláine conquerthe namhaid comhordú chomh maith ó An dá chuid Highers agus a gcomhghleacaithe a bheith ag teastáil chun go dtarlódh sin!

1stLieutenant.png 1stLt: The 1st lieutenant is the 2nd highest rank in a company so he will be doing a very similar job to a captain, so he will fill in for the captain if he is to die or is away on other battle dutys, also if the captian has trust in his 1stLt he will allow him/ her to lead. He will also have the command of the 2ndLt to give out commands to the NCO's, his words will be final unless the captain says otherwise.

Irish Gaelic

1stLieutenant.png 1stLt: Is é an 1ú leifteanant céim 2 is airde i gcuideachta sin is mian sé a bheith ag déanamh jab an-chosúil le chaptaen, mar sin is mian sé a líonadh isteach do captaen má tá sé bás nó dá bhfuil ar shiúl ar dutys cath eile, mar sin má tá an tá Captian muinín ina 1stLt beidh sé cead a thabhairt dó / di a bheith i gceannas. Mar sin, Tá sé ag iarraidh go mbeadh an t-ordú an 2ndLt a thabhairt i gcrích orduithe don NCO, beidh a chuid focal críochnaitheach mura deir an captaen a mhalairt.

2ndLieutenant.png 2ndLt: The 2nd lieutenant is the 3rd highest rank in his Company, even though he is 3rd in command he will have a massive role and impact on the company if both his highers die, then he will be expected to lead his company. His main job as a 2ndLt is to help coordinate the NCO's by giving them roles at the time and to help them do their jobs better and to make it easier.

Irish Gaelic

2ndLieutenant.png 2ndLt An leifteanant 2ú é an chéim is airde 3ú ina gcuideachta, cé go bhfuil sé 3 incommand beidh sé ról ollmhór agus tionchar ar an gcuideachta más rud dá chuid Highers seo ansin beidh sé a bheith ag súil go dtiocfaidh a chuid cuideachta. Is é a bpríomhphost mar 2ndLt chun cuidiú chomhordú NCO trí róil a thabhairt dóibh ag an am agus chun cabhrú leo a dhéanamh a gcuid post níos fearr agus a dhéanamh níos éasca.

Enlistment
    If you want to join us, please fill in the form showed below:
    http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/an...explained.html

Some inspiration for an irish (sur)name ^

Steam Link:
    Ingame RP name: sam O'malley
    Date of birth + Age: 14-11-1999 (16)
    Timezone: GMT
    have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?:Private
    Do you have Teamspeak?: yes
    Do you have a Mic?: No
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games: N/A

Ingame RP name:
    have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?:
    Do you have Teamspeak?:
    Do you have a Mic?
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games:

OHUKbPf.png "Capt." H.J Melenhorst Company. E
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027493373/
    OHUKbPf.png "Capt." George Hiley Company F
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198202744884/

Thanks OHUKbPf.png http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027189451/ "macmillan" for some idea's

Please excuse my english

Work in progress (Roster & more Ranks coming soon)
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 05-11-2016 at 09:09 PM.

USA Captain

~reserved

USA Captain

Best of luck

USA Captain

Good luck again Jeff

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tomanoski/
    Ingame RP name: Jasper MacKeogh
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?: No, I'm currently thinking about doing so.
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes, I do.
    Do you have a Mic? Yes, I do.
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games: Have been playing Napoleonic Wars since the day it came out. I was a member of many regiments, most of which I was an NCO rank and in some of which a CO one. I've also ran a few regiments primarily aimed to get people together and have fun. In North and South I've played with a few regiments and have been an NCO rank in two of them however, no experience with a CO rank in that mod.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Viksie View Post
    Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tomanoski/
    Ingame RP name: Jasper MacKeogh
    Timezone: GMT+1
    Have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?: No, I'm currently thinking about doing so.
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes, I do.
    Do you have a Mic? Yes, I do.
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games: Have been playing Napoleonic Wars since the day it came out. I was a member of many regiments, most of which I was an NCO rank and in some of which a CO one. I've also ran a few regiments primarily aimed to get people together and have fun. In North and South I've played with a few regiments and have been an NCO rank in two of them however, no experience with a CO rank in that mod.
    Your application has been accepted by The 69th new york infantry Batallion "Co. E & F", you are currently in the selection process on which Company to join.
    Welcome!

USA Brigadier General

good luck. i am a little bit sad that you switched away from the German Rifles
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    good luck. i am a little bit sad that you switched away from the German Rifles
    Sorry mate

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097968479/
    Ingame RP name: Erik Glover
    Timezone: UTC+2
    Have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?: Not really but im planning on it getting it.
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes.
    Do you have a Mic?: Yes.
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games: Been playing in Napoleonic Wars in a regiment called the 68th Since 3 and a half months as a Sgt. (You know me best for that Jeff ) As well recently joined a regiment called 21st New York Buffalo Regiment for a couple of days in North and South. So I have no NCO experience in North and South.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sknvj View Post
    Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097968479/
    Ingame RP name: Erik Glover
    Timezone: UTC+2
    Have you pledged to War of rights, if yes what tier?: Not really but im planning on it getting it.
    Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes.
    Do you have a Mic?: Yes.
    Previous Regiment + Rank/Experience in other games: Been playing in Napoleonic Wars in a regiment called the 68th Since 3 and a half months as a Sgt. (You know me best for that Jeff ) As well recently joined a regiment called 21st New York Buffalo Regiment for a couple of days in North and South. So I have no NCO experience in North and South.
    Your application has been accepted by The 69th new york infantry Batallion "Co. E & F", you are currently in the selection process on which Company to join.
    Welcome, And ye i do know you the best for that