View Poll Results: Should a "Parade" Mode come to WoR?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes great idea, the devs should consider.

22 81.48%
  • Nope, nonsense and a waste of resources.

5 18.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Parade Grounds/Events

CSA Captain

Suggestion: Parade Grounds/Events

This suggestion came to me as I was watching "Gods and Generals" and "Civil War" Doc. We all know that in preparation to battle participation any soldier and thus any regiment went through hard drill in advance. And a major part of the drill was the proper marching and turning formations.

I am thus thinking about a game mode in the game, that might take place at a big parade ground. It would be a great chance for competition among the regiments in a peaceful way. Thinkable to me, would be that Union and Confederates hold their "Parades" and the 2 winning regiments then would compete against each other. I just feel this could enrich the game and I am absolutely aware that this could only be something for the long term to come to the game if at all.

So let me know your thoughts on that and give your opinion on the poll.

USA Captain

I guess this can be done in the drill camp, by the looks of the map in the videos, it is quite big and can hold a competition for regiments to show off and compete against each other, it is a nice idea but at the moment, we do not really know how formations work as in if it will be locked/unlocked, etc.

Edit: This is what I was referring to when I said that the drill camp map is quite big, lots of empty grassland to perform this competition on.

Last edited by Lyman Trumbull; 05-18-2016 at 07:40 PM.

CSA Captain

Yeah nice pic. @ Lyman and let me add I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!! )

I would kinda like a "proper" Parade ground too! I mean something stadium-like with stands for visitors.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    Yeah nice pic. @ Lyman and let me add I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!! )

I would kinda like a "proper" Parade ground too! I mean something stadium-like with stands for visitors.
    You will soon, probably less than a week, us on the other hand will have to wait, just say there are no major bugs, make it quick

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Lyman Trumbull View Post
    You will soon, probably less than a week, us on the other hand will have to wait, just say there are no major bugs, make it quick
    I guess I can try to do that as well
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

The Drill Camp is a huge map, which will offer enough room to perform your parades and formation training

Later, there is enough room between the 2 enemy camps for everything else.

CSA Brigadier General

I like the sound of this idea very much.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Captain

Nice idea!

RhettVito
    Good idea !

USA Brigadier General

I really like the idea. that's perfect to present the company drill.

maybe after release when there is time the devs could add animations like present arms and so on.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02