Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th Michigan Volunteer Cavalry Compaines A. and B.

USA Captain

Hi, I read the thread yesterday but was going to sleep...and I noticed you directly copied the 4RAR Gaming Clan & Community's Rules or else known as the Code of Conduct directly without even taking the time to edit out 4RAR or the Royal Australian Army. I'm flattered but I sincerely ask you to next time just have a little ask. I also noticed you have copied our 3 values: Respect, Loyalty, and Mates (friends replacing mates.) It is also in directly in the same number (9) as it is in the RAA thread.
    9. Respect, Loyalty, Mates: These 3 are our values. Please show these in and out of game.

1. No Racism: Racists aren't welcome here, If you are found to be racist we will do everything in our power to get rid of you.

2. No Bullying: We like to have a joke but personal attacks aren't allowed, we consider all members like family.

3. Don't Spam on TS3: Permision To Speak (PTS) when said means you must ask before speaking if granted or denied, unless it's for calling out enemies, damage delivered, medic, who's down and what not.

4. Listen: Please listen to the guy who has the rank above you. He generally has a little more knowledge than you do if your a lower rank.

5. Do what your told: Please follow instructions to the best of your ability. If an officer asks you to switch a certain weapon, switch to the weapon as fast as possible.

6. No Kids: 13 years and younger, not ok. If you lie about your age, we won't know but we are not responsible if you learn bad language, you may be traumatized after leaving the clan. We wont know and won't care.

7. Friendly Environment: We are a big family at 4RAR, we are all mates. If you have an issue with someone or something please inform your commanding officer of the issue.

8. Power: If found abusing your power or rank/role it will be removed immediately with little warning on a side note also asking for a promotion or award directly will also be denied and not beneficial to your cause.

9. Respect, Loyalty, Mates: These 3 are our values. Please show these in and out of game.

10. No Hackers: Simple. We will do everything in our power to make sure you never play the game with another community or in a local server again.

1. We do not accept discrimination of ANY type

2. You can joke, but don't make it too serious

3. Don't Spam on TS3

4. Listen to your Elders

5. Follow orders!

6. Anyone can join

7. Be nice and Fair

8. Do not abuse your power or rank

9. Respect, Loyalty, and Friends, that is our motto here!

10. No Hacking

See the similarity?

Think of this like a school work, you cannot just take text for your project and say it was yours. It's against the Australian, New Zealand, United States & British copy right laws. If you live in any of those countries it is not ok.

I'm glad that you took the time to edit out the RAA bits and the extended information but I do ask if that you please ask for our permission to use our rules almost word for word directly.

I sincerely ask you to take a little more consideration and thought into 'borrowing' someone else's hard work that they thought out without asking. I don't mean to be rude and I wish you guys the best! I'm only slightly annoyed by the fact you didn't bother to re-order the rules, change them up a little more or remove the 4RAR & RAA bits to start with. Just a heads up mate. Goodluck!

Yours sincerely,
    General. Jackson
    Last edited by General. Jackson; 05-23-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    Hi, I read the thread yesterday but was going to sleep...and I noticed you directly copied the 4RAR Gaming Clan & Community's Rules or else known as the Code of Conduct directly without even taking the time to edit out 4RAR or the Royal Australian Army. I'm flattered but I sincerely ask you to next time just have a little ask. I also noticed you have copied our 3 values: Respect, Loyalty, and Mates (friends replacing mates.) It is also in directly in the same number (9) as it is in the RAA thread.

1. We do not accept discrimination of ANY type

2. You can joke, but don't make it too serious

3. Don't Spam on TS3

4. Listen to your Elders

5. Follow orders!

6. Anyone can join

7. Be nice and Fair

8. Do not abuse your power or rank

9. Respect, Loyalty, and Friends, that is our motto here!

10. No Hacking

See the similarity?

Think of this like a school work, you cannot just take text for your project and say it was yours. It's against the Australian, New Zealand, United States & British copy right laws. If you live in any of those countries it is not ok.

I'm glad that you took the time to edit out the RAA bits and the extended information but I do ask if that you please ask for our permission to use our rules almost word for word directly.

I sincerely ask you to take a little more consideration and thought into 'borrowing' someone else's hard work that they thought out without asking. I don't mean to be rude and I wish you guys the best! I'm only slightly annoyed by the fact you didn't bother to re-order the rules, change them up a little more or remove the 4RAR & RAA bits to start with. Just a heads up mate. Goodluck!

Yours sincerely,
    General. Jackson
    Yay, I planned of Editing them cause I kinda liked them and how they worked, but I had to leave so I edited it cause I wanted to save my work.

I'm sorry for copying them and hope that we can figure out a way to work this all out!

USA Captain

Yeah, alright mate. Next time your going to do that please ask to take someone elses work, it's common courtesy and under copy right laws..but thanks.

Regards,
    General. Jackson

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    and under copy right laws.
    Have you had your rule set copyrighted? I'm afraid copyright rules only extend to that which has been copyrighted.

I'm just saying this as anyone who comes seeking aid from the admins for moderators can not receive our full backing unless your stuff is full copyrighted or trademarked. Otherwise it is a matter that must be resolved between the two parties. I'm glad that this one was resolved though, could have been a right ol' mess.

USA Captain

Best of luck!

CSA Captain

Cavalry*... Calvary is where Jesus was crucified.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Cavalry*... Calvary is where Jesus was crucified.
    Well ya learn something new every day, I always thought it was spelled Calvary because that's the way I pronounce it.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion