If the enviorment is as i hope it will be, and as i understood it from the forum, there will be an Arma-like ACRE ingame enviorment correct?
Meaning that you speak ingame and those around you hear you, not everyone in the game (As would be via TS)
It would add an interesting aspect to the game to have orders relayed via bugle calls.
In theory, Napoleonic Wars has started the options to use bugle calls. The quantitude of these calls is, however, insufficient.
My idea: Add a sort of "minni game" for bugle players. A bugle can produce few notes. When having the bugle equipped, by using the numbers pad you could produce the sounds directly yourself. Or alternitavly open a sort of "chatbox" where you type in the call and can play it with the send button. so in theory a bugle call would be the equivalent of 11253254 or so. In direct use pressing of the button makes the note longer, in chatbox spacing determines the length of the call.
It would help communicate on the field and make practicing with the regiment or army more useful, as you would have to have designated buglers to play and officers/enlisted to understand the signals.
Tell me what you think
Cheers,
SgtPepper