Page 108 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1885

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    March 8th - Update 99 Released!

- Players should no longer be able to play the reload animation with the entire rifle attached to their right hand.
    - New version of the player interpolation system hopefully resulting in smoother player movements.
    - Minor performance improvements to the environments.
    - Added new WIP animations when players gets hit by melee attacks.
    - Being hit by a melee attack while reloading, will now stop the reloading.
    - Added limbered caissons to all batteries on Antietam.

Attachment 8049 Attachment 8050

- Increased the Union starting morale amount on Nicodemus Hill from 124 to 137 to counter the confederates having Sharps carbines.
    - The UI now remembers the regiment and class you have selected, if you were to go back to the class selection screen.

Nice, i'm wondering something, with patch 100 being the next patch, do you plan on making it a big one? i think thats a huge mile stone. With that being said, the game is coming along nicely.

Known issues:

- During a skirmish round, you can only select your desired faction once. To select a new faction. Either wait for the next skirmish round to start, or close the game and join the server again.

- Trusty
    Nice, i'm wondering something, with patch 100 being the next patch, do you plan on making it a big one? i think thats a huge mile stone. With that being said, the game is coming along nicely.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    i thought the same today:

Video from 30 oct 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiiY7E1qQeU

Video from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSWm3ZTtMZo
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

I just pushed a quick hotfix that fixes the textures of the flags being broken and it fixes an asset error on one of the character attachments.

USA Major

Great job guys with the latest updates!

Sorry if this was addressed already as I didn't read all the responses to the latest update but I was getting the 'skirmishing' indication during those big line battles the other day while firmly in line with dozens of people and it was happening consistently. I heard some other guys talking about it in-game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Great job guys with the latest updates!

Sorry if this was addressed already as I didn't read all the responses to the latest update but I was getting the 'skirmishing' indication during those big line battles the other day while firmly in line with dozens of people and it was happening consistently. I heard some other guys talking about it in-game as well.
    Kneeling will put you in the skirmishing stance no matter the size of the group you're in.

Also, the way we calculate who is out of line, skirmishing and in formation is not perfect - it never will be either. You can be unlucky from times to times and be the one guy just outside of the in formation buff radius - this depends entirely on the location of the other players around you (if 6 players are closer together without you and you're outside of the specified formation area radius).

- Trusty

USA Major

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't kneeling Trusty and I was literally in the middle of guys all around me. I heard somebody else say the same. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks again for the amazing experience of this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't kneeling Trusty and I was literally in the middle of guys all around me. I heard somebody else say the same. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks again for the amazing experience of this game!
    No worries. Glad you enjoy it!

Then you have just been unlucky to not be close enough to the formation buff areas around you in the line. It will happen, as stated, from time to time. It's a compromise of how costly the formation calculation system is to run and what is acceptable in-game.

- Trusty

March 25th - Update 100 Released!

- Added the first skirmish area of Harper’s Ferry: River Crossing - This skirmish area focuses on the Confederates attacking the town by the two bridges (one railroad bridge and one pontoon bridge). While it never came to direct infantry fighting within the town (the union forces surrendered before the planned confederate assault began) we think these alternative town-fighting scenarios of what could have happened had the Federals not surrendered will provide the players a very different play experience than the rural farms & fields offered by maps such as Antietam. Please note that Harper’s Ferry, as all things in the alpha, is very much a work in progress – expect to see lots of updates to it throughout the development of the game.
    - Added dynamic environment probes resulting in much better overall looks throughout the time of day cycle.
    - Overhauled the time of day.
    - Fixed players in the distance teleporting/lagging.
    - Character material tweaks and fixes.
    - Fixed a server crash occuring during a 150 player session.
    - Slightly improved the performance of both the server and the clients.
    - Fixed animation glitch if strafing at the ready while at the double quick speed.
    - Improved the Ready idle animation.
    - Character LOD fixes.
    - Made significant improvements to the various aimposes of both rifles and revolvers.
    - Added 14th Tennessee, 65th Illinois and 9th Vermont regiments.
    - Fixed a few character clipping issues.
    - Fixed the desertion boundary not having an effect when using the WoR-cam.

Known issues

- The head animation when freelooking is not currently playing correctly.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Excellent.
    I think it's worth noting this from the developer diary too, some may overlook it.

Skirmishes Phase II & Early Access

So, when is the next phase of skirmishes and the early access launch? This is a question we’ve been asked once or twice, and we understand the frustration when we answer that we do not know yet. While we still don’t have an ETA for either we are pushing towards both a Phase II and Early Access launch this year. Server & client stability as well as being able to leave a server and join another one are some of the main factors keeping us in skirmishes phase I. With the introduction of 150 player servers and the formation buff system and with the flag bearer spawning system just around the corner as well as officer specific game rules to limit trigger happy Rambo officer, the main focus of our programming team will short shift entirely to the above-mentioned issues.

That’s all for today. We look forward to be seeing you in Harper’s Ferry!

USA Major

Harpers Ferry is a really nice map. Part of me just wanted to run around to look down all the streets and in the alleys. Really beautiful and unique and you guys did a great job of bringing Civil War Harpers Ferry to life.

The shaders kept cutting in and out at certain points making it daylight, then nighttime - which was quite nice while it lasted for a minute or two - before it went back to daylight. The bridge charges were epic and I'm sure most who played by now know this is nearly impossible for the Confederates to win. Almost every map they had more than double the causalities and I played that side a few maps and let me say it's near impossible for them to win currently. If it stayed nighttime they would have the cover of darkness and maybe that was what was intended?

Anyhow knowing full well this has just been released and there are some issues I was really blown away by how beautiful this map is. I live just 20 minutes from HF and get there at least once a month and I don't know how you did it but you really nailed the atmosphere there. Nice job!