Page 153 of 176 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1758

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

  1. #1521

    CSA Captain


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    487
    Worked for me after I had manually set it to 8, then force reset. Then, I was able to cycle through all maps with just force next round.
    Texan's always move'em.

  2. #1522
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,773
    January 17th - Update 136 Released!

    - Added Present Arms action for players with rifles, trigger it by pressing P.
    - Teamkills are now only being shown to the player teamkilling and the player being teamkilled.
    - Added a teamkilling warning to the player teamkilling before the player is eventually banned for additional teamkilling. Messages of players being banned will still be posted in the chat.
    - Added snow and mud footsteps.
    - Improved the ready 3rd person movement animations.
    - Improved the 3rd person start reload animation for rifles.
    - Improved the rifle club movement animations.
    - Improved the run and charge with a bayonet move animations.
    - Updated the Mumma Farm from the wooden structure currently in place on Antietam Battlefield to the ruins of the original brick one.

    Attachment 10410

    - Reworked the vegetation around Mumma Farm to better match the period photos rather than today's vegetation.

    Attachment 10409

    - Added a small field road running next to Hagerstown Turnpike from Miller Barn as seen in Alexander Gardners photographs.
    - Minor character adjustments.
    - Added missing overview map of the latest added skirmish area, Bolivar Heights Redoubt.

  3. #1523

    USA Captain

    Cairnsy44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    January 17th - Update 136 Released!

    - Added Present Arms action for players with rifles, trigger it by pressing P.
    - Teamkills are now only being shown to the player teamkilling and the player being teamkilled.
    - Added a teamkilling warning to the player teamkilling before the player is eventually banned for additional teamkilling. Messages of players being banned will still be posted in the chat.
    - Added snow and mud footsteps.
    - Improved the ready 3rd person movement animations.
    - Improved the 3rd person start reload animation for rifles.
    - Improved the rifle club movement animations.
    - Improved the run and charge with a bayonet move animations.
    - Updated the Mumma Farm from the wooden structure currently in place on Antietam Battlefield to the ruins of the original brick one.

    Attachment 10410

    - Reworked the vegetation around Mumma Farm to better match the period photos rather than today's vegetation.

    Attachment 10409

    - Added a small field road running next to Hagerstown Turnpike from Miller Barn as seen in Alexander Gardeners photographs.
    - Minor character adjustments.
    - Added missing overview map of the latest added skirmish area, Bolivar Heights Redoubt.
    thank you. Though my 2 cents: I liked knowing if a certain player was team killing. What was the reason for making it visible to only those directly involved?
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

  4. #1524
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairnsy44 View Post
    thank you. Though my 2 cents: I liked knowing if a certain player was team killing. What was the reason for making it visible to only those directly involved?
    We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level - all they see is teamkills over and over again. This will quickly made them come to the conclusion that the game is nothing but griefers and trolls. In reality, if we featured a rolling kill feed like so many other games the TKs would be drowned out by enemy kills.

    We will likely show all of the tk's to server admins only in the next update for sort of obvious reasons ("If you kill Mr. X one more time I will ban you!!!").

    - Trusty

  5. #1525

    USA Major

    Shiloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level - all they see is teamkills over and over again. This will quickly made them come to the conclusion that the game is nothing but griefers and trolls. In reality, if we featured a rolling kill feed like so many other games the TKs would be drowned out by enemy kills.

    We will likely show all of the tk's to server admins only in the next update for sort of obvious reasons ("If you kill Mr. X one more time I will ban you!!!").

    - Trusty
    I would love it we had the option to turn off the text chat altogether.

  6. #1526

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level
    Are you calling us Snowflakes?

    Click banner to Sign up

  7. #1527
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Are you calling us Snowflakes?
    Not at all. Only highlighting something negative to someone (in a flashy red text none the less) over and over again will likely make anyone in time come to the conclusion that there are far more tk's to enemy kills than there is in reality.

    - Trusty

  8. #1528

    USA Captain

    Cairnsy44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Not at all. Only highlighting something negative to someone (in a flashy red text none the less) over and over again will likely make anyone in time come to the conclusion that there are far more tk's to enemy kills than there is in reality.

    - Trusty
    I really only thought that when we would get like 7 of them in less than 2 seconds. And even then, we just assume someone was being a bit careless during a bayonet charge.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

  9. #1529

    USA Brigadier General

    Maximus Decimus Meridius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    January 17th - Update 136 Released!

    - Added Present Arms action for players with rifles, trigger it by pressing P.
    - Teamkills are now only being shown to the player teamkilling and the player being teamkilled.
    - Added a teamkilling warning to the player teamkilling before the player is eventually banned for additional teamkilling. Messages of players being banned will still be posted in the chat.
    - Added snow and mud footsteps.
    - Improved the ready 3rd person movement animations.
    - Improved the 3rd person start reload animation for rifles.
    - Improved the rifle club movement animations.
    - Improved the run and charge with a bayonet move animations.
    - Updated the Mumma Farm from the wooden structure currently in place on Antietam Battlefield to the ruins of the original brick one.

    Attachment 10410

    - Reworked the vegetation around Mumma Farm to better match the period photos rather than today's vegetation.

    Attachment 10409

    - Added a small field road running next to Hagerstown Turnpike from Miller Barn as seen in Alexander Gardners photographs.
    - Minor character adjustments.
    - Added missing overview map of the latest added skirmish area, Bolivar Heights Redoubt.
    just 2 points:

    For server admins tks should be visible to keep an eye on it or to see the name of the player who keeps tking.

    but sounds like a good update.

    my 2nd point is a small bug report:

    in the drillcamp in F4 view it is only possible to press "P" just on time and then it will not leave the following state and ignoring f- keys for example. Happens when you leave or enter present arms state. Also the bayonet is again back at the trigger.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02


  10. #1530

    CSA Brigadier General

    rbsmith7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    538
    I liked the teamkill feed because it gave me a sense of what groups on my team to avoid.
    An unprofitable servant of Christ Jesus,

    'Fighting' Chaplain Bradley
    Company Tool (currently "skedaddled") / Steam Profile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •