Page 95 of 189 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Major

and almost all of those games are twitch shooters were it really doesnt benefit the game at all, do you see world of tanks, world of warships implementing this sky cam they would have holy uprising in those games if they implemented this, fog of war should mean something with this it doesnt those games are mostly deathmatchs not like this game is supposed to be realistic if i remember correctly as u dev always say
    flanking movements, faints, pushes are paramount to this game and with the new sky cam scout it will be very hard to do them without being seen i am sure as i am writing this companies are designating a spy cam scout for the companies and that is all he will do, it doesnt bring realism in to the game at all
    again great for the youtubers and twitchers not ffor the masses

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Mount and Blade? I don’t see any difference between the camera and having one of your people on the other team.
    Big difference. One requires the lowest level of dirty organizational tactics which can be leaked and exposed doing serious damage to that organization's reputation and the other is an undetectable (literally, at present) free-floating feature that can operate under any other pretense.

I mean, no joke. You can literally be eyes in the sky for your team while still on their team. I already did it for about five minutes in the cornfield just to figure out if team chat worked. Invaluable intelligence on enemy movement in near real-time. My real fear is it might get widespread abuse like that and then once spectating requires you be on a neutral spectate team people will go through the extra effort to make that work too because it's not hard. People have to be able to call out BS like that - that means transparency to whose spectating.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Big difference. One requires the lowest level of dirty organizational tactics which can be leaked and exposed doing serious damage to that organization's reputation and the other is an undetectable (literally, at present) free-floating feature that can operate under any other pretense.

I mean, no joke. You can literally be eyes in the sky for your team while still on their team. I already did it for about five minutes in the cornfield just to figure out if team chat worked. Invaluable intelligence on enemy movement in near real-time. My real fear is it might get widespread abuse like that and then once spectating requires you be on a neutral spectate team people will go through the extra effort to make that work too because it's not hard. People have to be able to call out BS like that - that means transparency to whose spectating.
    Players using the wor cam will be listed as such in the future.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Players using the wor cam will be listed as such in the future.

- Trusty
    Sounds good Trusty. Believe me we appreciate this new cinematic view of the battlefield, its really awesome. The concern from many in the community is that it will be exploited. There are many very serious companies and organizations on both sides of the border that just want what is best for the game and fairness on both sides. Trusty, you and your team do an great job and many of General Cody's new videos are out now with the cinematic view and they are just amazing! Very cool stuff.....but just a warning from the guys in the community that actually care about the game. This will be misused if not at least somewhat controlled.
    Last edited by PAIOLETTI; 01-03-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    .....but just a warning from the guys in the community that actually care about the game. This will be misused if not at least somewhat controlled.
    Far more eloquent than I.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Brigadier General

At this point I just want to thank the devs for this feature because I can see infront of my inner eye the great videos our youtuber will create.

and for all other things I think Campfire will find a great way to handle it but we are still in alpha so lets test this feature and trust in Trusty
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

January 10th - Update 90 Released!

- Increased the amount of players on a server from 90 to 100.
    - Added 13th skirmish area: Nicodemus Hill. In this skirmish area, the Confederates are to defend Jackson's artillery positioned on Nicodemus Hill from the Union attacking from the direction of Miller farm. During the actual battle, Stuart had placed his horse artillery on the commanding viewpoint offered by Nicodemus Hill on the night prior to the main battle, and the commanding view allowed Washington’s, Chew’s, and Pelham’s batteries to offer devastating fire down the Union lines. It was by the sheer weight of numbers that Hooker’s I Corps was able to break the Confederate left, despite the fire from the hill which he ignored in favor of pushing to Dunkard Church. In this alternate scenario, we present the possibilities of what would have happened had Hooker diverted some of his attention to the lightly defended hill and attempted to silence Stuart’s horse artillery shortly after the fighting in the Miller cornfields.

Attachment 7752 Attachment 7753 Attachment 7754

- Did a balance pass on the starting morale amount across most skirmish areas - specifically tweaked values where the Union has more advanced weaponry than the Confederates.
    - Increased the time it takes to capture the point on skirmish areas where the capture zone is very large, such as on Hookers Push and Millers Cornfield.
    - Tweaked the formation system so if you kneel while having the In Formation buff, you will then get the Skirmishing buff instead. This is done to provide an alternative to kneeling. Without this change - a bit of a slower reload while kneeling is in works as well, there is little incentive to stand up and fight when you can half your hitbox size by kneeling without much of a tradeoff in doing so.
    - The fence line at the Piper Farm capture area took some artillery hits and was severely damaged.
    - Major overhaul of the UI which should have reduced the amount of crashes related to the UI. Expect a few UI behavior bugs with this update.
    - Added WIP skirmish area information screen when spawning the first time on each new skirmishing round.
    - The correct death screen is now showing when the player gets killed while having the Skirmishing buff.
    - Improved the tab screen to display what your purpose is on the current skirmish area, Attack, Defend. It now displays the amount of players on each team along with a hopefully working scrolling feature.
    - While using the newly introduced worcam, when right clicking, the flags now appear much faster.
    - Added new Double Quick and Sprint animations with a revolver and with a sword.
    - Fixed a bug where if Dynamic Depth of Field got disabled, there would always be a bit of DOF in the background.
    - Removed the timer from the Ready stance which would force the player into Shoulder Arms if the player had been moving for more than 3 seconds. Now players can walk at the Ready indefinately although at a slower speed than when in shoulder arms.
    - Fixed an animation glitch in first person. When turning 180 degrees while sprinting, the character would put the rifle back to Shoulder Arms and then grab it again when the player gained speed.
    - Reduced the risk of bullets appearing to bounce off of fences. From our internal testing, it has only been a visual glitch. Bullets have always passed through the fence in the direction the projectile was fired.
    - The Dynamic Depth of Field effect will now activate very slowly and dissapear instantly if the player looks into the distance, this should get rid of the screen sometimes seeming to blur randomly for no reason.
    - Made the worcam able to better detect wether its inside of the skirmish area or not.
    - Added some extra effects to the desturated background when for example the spawn screen is showing.
    - Made the Historical Camera work again which allows you to take historical screenshots by pressing ""Print Sreen"" twice.
    - Fixed 2 rare crashes when joining a server (Other crashes when joining a server still remain).
    - Added a temporary fix for the 20th Maine / Union solders, spawning at the confederate side.
    - Made players lag less in the distance.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    January 10th - Update 90 Released!Tweaked the formation system so if you kneel while having the In Formation buff, you will then get the Skirmishing buff instead. This is done to provide an alternative to kneeling. Without this change - a bit of a slower reload while kneeling is in works as well, there is little incentive to stand up and fight when you can half your hitbox size by kneeling without much of a tradeoff in doing so.
    All of the patch sounds very good, only this seems a bit strange. Generally I like the idea of having some advantage while standing (faster reload or so). But what happens when you're firing in two ranks, the first kneeling? While I can see reloading would take longer, why would the kneeling soldier's death count more than the standing one's? Just a thought.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeFilly View Post
    All of the patch sounds very good, only this seems a bit strange. Generally I like the idea of having some advantage while standing (faster reload or so). But what happens when you're firing in two ranks, the first kneeling? While I can see reloading would take longer, why would the kneeling soldier's death count more than the standing one's? Just a thought.

Because a bit longer of a reload won't change the fact that kneeling together in a line is currently (or was) by far the most commonly used formation.

We realize that this will go against certain formations such as the front line kneeling.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

@CFG

Thanks for the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeFilly View Post

As a fan of line infantry tactics and historical accuracy I appreciate it.

If you take a look in some drill books like Casey's you will read that the first and second rank stand and kneeling was only a thing in skirmish formation so this patch is a wonderful massage for me
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02