Page 179 of 184 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1833

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

  1. #1781
    I don't see the point in protecting admins from (spectating) either only because you're already able to hide your admin status. It's marginally beneficial for anti-trolling if you're dealing with a particularly paranoid troll but there's going to inevitably be randoms spectating occasionally and that isn't much of a deterrent itself. So if I was trying to clandestinely admin from spectate then all I'd have to do is operate without the indicator.

    The hide feature works very well as far as I can tell.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  2. #1782

    CSA Major

    RhettVito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I don't see the point in protecting admins from (spectating) either only because you're already able to hide your admin status. It's marginally beneficial for anti-trolling if you're dealing with a particularly paranoid troll but there's going to inevitably be randoms spectating occasionally and that isn't much of a deterrent itself. So if I was trying to clandestinely admin from spectate then all I'd have to do is operate without the indicator.

    The hide feature works very well as far as I can tell.
    Valid point!
    The admin of the server should not be protected either. Anyone and everyone that is spectating should be shown.
    A admin could easily go on spectator cam and cheat not showing admin when they are spectator can really give them room to exploit stuff.

  3. #1783
    Yesterday we pushed an update which should fix the spawning issues people had been experiencing. In a few minutes we will also be releasing another small update which will add (Spectating) in front of their name regardless of what status they have. What then happens for admins is that their name simply will be red or black, depending on what they've chosen in the admin panel.

    Also in the previous versions of the game, if an officer started spectating, or an NCO for that matter. The player would still be occupying the officer slot while spectating, so even though the officer was dead, no other player would be allowed to spawn as an officer of that regiment. That has also now been changed. When you press F9 you will now give up your current class and when you then exit the free flight camera, you will be brought back to the class selection screen where you can pick the class you had before if it in the meantime havent been taken by another player.

    Poorlaggedman also helped us identify an issue where if you were spectating on a server and you then left the server while still being in the spectator camera, then when you joined a new server, your camera would be stuck underneath the ground, basically ingame coordinate (0, 0, 0). Pressing Deploy and having the counter reach 0 would do nothing, though it is very possible that for other players, you would actually be spawning, your camera just didnt move to your player, forcing you to restart the game. That is now fixed.

  4. #1784

  5. #1785
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Yesterday we pushed an update which should fix the spawning issues people had been experiencing. In a few minutes we will also be releasing another small update which will add (Spectating) in front of their name regardless of what status they have. What then happens for admins is that their name simply will be red or black, depending on what they've chosen in the admin panel.

    Also in the previous versions of the game, if an officer started spectating, or an NCO for that matter. The player would still be occupying the officer slot while spectating, so even though the officer was dead, no other player would be allowed to spawn as an officer of that regiment. That has also now been changed. When you press F9 you will now give up your current class and when you then exit the free flight camera, you will be brought back to the class selection screen where you can pick the class you had before if it in the meantime havent been taken by another player.

    Poorlaggedman also helped us identify an issue where if you were spectating on a server and you then left the server while still being in the spectator camera, then when you joined a new server, your camera would be stuck underneath the ground, basically ingame coordinate (0, 0, 0). Pressing Deploy and having the counter reach 0 would do nothing, though it is very possible that for other players, you would actually be spawning, your camera just didnt move to your player, forcing you to restart the game. That is now fixed.
    Outstanding! Thanks Fancy for closing the loopholes on spectating!!!

  6. #1786
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,037
    November 13th - Update 164: Counter-Attacks - Released!




    New Counter attack mechanic added to the skirmishes gamemode


    A counter attack by the defending team is triggered when the attacking team captures the point of contention when the morale state of the defending team is above Breaking.

    The length of the counter attack is determined based on the morale state of the defending team - the more morale the longer the counter attack.

    If the counter attacking team manages to retake the point of contention before the counter attack timer runs out, it will gain a morale boost, putting it at the same morale state as the attacker.

    If the counter attack timer runs out before the point of contention is retaken, the counter attacking team will lose the match.

    The end game events Final Push and Last Stand can trigger during a counter attack.

    A counter attack can happen several times during a skirmish round.


    - Added an overtime mechanic to the Skirmishes gamemode. This will trigger if the attacker or counter attacker is in the process of capturing the point of contention as the timer runs out. The overtime mechanic will be canceled if more defenders than attackers are inside the point of contention.


    - Removed the endgame event Last Stand's requirement of having to stay inside the point of contention. The defenders in Last Stand are now free to move about as they please.


    - More than doubled the capture speed of the point of contention in order to increase the chance of counter attacks happening.


    - Improved the networked interpolation of player positions. This will make the movement of other players on your screen respond a lot faster to the movement data your client receives from the server. In theory this will also make it easier to move in a cohesive line formation as you can much more accurately adjust your own position to the position of the player in front or next to you.


    - General level detail pass of Antietam.


    - General level detail pass of Harpers Ferry.


    - General level detail pass of South Mountain.


    - Added gabions to the artillery redoubts at Harpers Ferry.

    Attachment 11469 Attachment 11470


    - It is now possible to vault over certain parts of the artillery embankment models found on Harpers Ferry.


    - Prevented players from spawning under the ground at Sherrick and Roulette Farms, Antietam.


    - Optimized the proxies of various models.


    - Added several new interior props.


    - Optimized the destroyed cornstalk models.


    - Added a new splash screen when starting the game.


    - Made the dropped flag not collide with players in order to avoid players being pushed around by it.


    - Moved the on-screen popup message slightly up as well as increased their background opacity in order to provide an easier time of aiming.


    - Fixed a few animation issues related to the officers using revolvers.


    - Rebel Yells and Union Huzzahs now only trigger from players that are In Formation.

  7. #1787

    USA Captain

    SwingKid148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    457
    Why the reversal with the Last Stand?
    This was something needed and the community drove it. More reason I see to play on servers without this option.

  8. #1788
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Why the reversal with the Last Stand?
    This was something needed and the community drove it. More reason I see to play on servers without this option.
    Because you can't run away and win anymore. The overtime feature prevents the round from ending until you've captured the point that has been left undefended.

    - Trusty

  9. #1789
    And here's a slightly more detailed explanation of how the counter attack mechanic works.

    Counter-attack Mechanic


    The purpose of this addition to the Skirmishes game mode is to provide a more dynamically flowing battle throughout the 45 minute round time limit of a single skirmish area.

    Skirmishes is currently featuring two different end game events that are triggered if one team’s morale reaches 0: Last stand and final push. The game rules concerning these are to stay as they currently except that we will be looking to remove the desertion of the capture area mechanic tied to last stand as well as introduce an overtime mechanic which will ensure that the defending team can’t just run away 1 minute before the time is up and leave the attacking team standing on the point but without enough time to actually capture it.

    Counter-attack example:


    The Confederates are defending a capture point in a skirmish area whilst the Union team is attacking. 20 minutes into the skirmish (25 minutes remaining of the round), the attacking Union team is able to push the defending Confederates off of the point and capture it. The morale level of the Confederates at the time of losing the point to the Union is at “Taking Losses” while the morale level of the Union team is at “Engaged”.

    Once the point is captured by the Union, the first Confederate counter-attack of the round is triggered. This means that the Union is now defending the point while the Confederates are attacking it, trying to retake it. An individual Counter-attack timer is replacing the normal round timer when the counter-attack is initiated. The counter-attack timer’s length is based on the morale level of the counter-attacking team (Confederates in this example).

    Example of how the counter-attacking team’s morale levels affect the counter-attack timer:

    Battle Ready: 20 minutes to retake the point.
    Engaged: 12 minutes to retake the point.
    Taking Losses: 7 minutes to retake the point.
    Breaking: Counter-attacking is not going to happen as the morale of the counter-attacking team is too low to be able to rally for such a push.

    If the counter-attacking team manages to recapture the area before the counter-attack timer runs out, the normal round timer will start again (25 minutes left) and the counter-attacking team will now, once again, be the defending team. As the total starting morale of the defending team is always quite a bit lower than the total starting morale of the attacking team, recapturing a point during the counter-attack phase will also even out the morale playing field (example: CSA manages to recapture the area during the counter-attacking phase while their morale level is at “taking losses” and the Union’s morale level is at “Engaged”. The recapture will inspire the defender, thus increasing their morale level to “Engaged”.

    If the timer runs out during the counter-attack phase the counter-attacking team will have lost the battle.

    A counter-attack phase can happen several times during a single skirmish area, provided that the counter-attacking team is able to retake the point and has more morale than “Breaking” left.

    If the counter-attacking team reaches 0 in morale while they are counter-attacking they will enter final push.

    If the defending team during a counter-attack (the former attacking team) reach 0 morale they will enter last stand.

  10. #1790
    Oooo this looks interesting. Can't wait to test it out. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •