Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    December 17th - Update 87 Released!

- Limited the amount of Privates in 1st US Sharpshooters and 42nd Pennsylvania to 11.

- Trusty
    I believe this was done so that on certain maps the Confederates wouldn't be up against so many Sharps Rifles? If this is the case I totally understand and support that but is there a better way to balance things so that our unit can all field as our historical unit? I'm assuming that's the reason although I'm not sure. The 11 will easily get grabbed up by the first players on the server so the chances of even half of us getting to play as our unit is greatly diminished. In simple words and I only speak for myself... it's just a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I believe this was done so that on certain maps the Confederates wouldn't be up against so many Sharps Rifles? If this is the case I totally understand and support that but is there a better way to balance things so that our unit can all field as our historical unit? I'm assuming that's the reason although I'm not sure. The 11 will easily get grabbed up by the first players on the server so the chances of even half of us getting to play as our unit is greatly diminished. In simple words and I only speak for myself... it's just a bummer.
    There's really not a whole lot we can do in regards to balance.

While I'd like to balance it by percentages of the server population instead of hard numbers we're stuck with those for now.

Only other options to balance things somewhat out is to build a system that limits lives available as a sharps rifle user or having way, way, less starting morale, effectively forcing everyone on the union side to go with the sharps if they wish to have a chance at winning or have uneven teams (say, 55 rebels against 25 federals).

- Trusty

CSA Major General

If the idea is that people want to pick the unit (the green uniforms on the USA sharpshooters are great) we could not all give them sharps rifles ?
    Like with NCO's there's a chance you get a rifle or a pistol.
    As for balance I agree it's sometimes a problem using 'historical' accuracy and it's hard to find a balance keeping everyone happy.
    I know some would like their regiment picking the same uniforms, and I respect that.

CSA Major

once u realize u cant balance reality the game will get better you need to make the game fair and fun for all players not realistic
    if the game is not fun the player will just go to the most overpowered side there is to have fun like we do the union when the csa wants to make a point
    just give the csa sharps rifles when the usa gets them bingo bongo problem solved see very easy if continue to try to make it realistic you will always have problems of keeping players happy really with game dev not just you trusty but all when they try to balance things
    keep things simple give each side access to = weapons most your problems are solved why wont you even try that is all i am asking

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    once u realize u cant balance reality the game will get better you need to make the game fair and fun for all players not realistic
    if the game is not fun the player will just go to the most overpowered side there is to have fun like we do the union when the csa wants to make a point
    just give the csa sharps rifles when the usa gets them bingo bongo problem solved see very easy if continue to try to make it realistic you will always have problems of keeping players happy really with game dev not just you trusty but all when they try to balance things
    keep things simple give each side access to = weapons most your problems are solved why wont you even try that is all i am asking
    Because we are a project that focuses on historical accuracy. You might as well ask us to do mirrored maps like some arena shooters have.

You don't see LeMat's in Union hands either (it is currently the most powerful revolver by far with its 9 shots and one buckshot).

Today's patch reduced the sharps rifle amounts by roughly 70% (as it is now limited to 11 privates).

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Today's patch reduced the sharps rifle amounts by roughly 70% (as it is now limited to 11 privates).

- Trusty
    Boooooooo CSA bias!

CSA Captain

Please, keep realism - it is fun! No Sharps to CSA players (written by mostly CSA player)

CSA Major

so basicly what you are saying the csa will lose every map because they lost the war how much fun is that for the csa and how long do you thing players will play the csa if they know they are going to lose every map
    we played union again yesterday and last nite and trusty you were the and we went 9-1 as union i am sure the csa had a lot of fun with that and that was with about 1/3 of the union side refusing to help us

game is not fun when you lose all the time it was really fun last nite when we never lost balance needs to be had some how you just cant make a realistic game and hope people will just play because they want to play because people they want to have fun you have a good game going make it fun for all side oh yea one other thing

why dont you post the morale numbers at the start of the map so the both sides see what they have to do to win

and truly the lemat in game isnt that good i would rather have the walker does lot more damage, lemat you have to get to close to ensure a kill where as the sharps is twice as fast in fire rate is a big issure and yes 11 sharps is better than 20 sharps but still = about 1/3 greater fire rate per team
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 12-18-2017 at 12:24 PM.

so basicly what you are saying the csa will lose every map because they lost the war how much fun is that for the csa and how long do you thing players will play the csa if they know they are going to lose every map
    we played union again yesterday and last nite and trusty you were the and we went 9-1 as union i am sure the csa had a lot of fun with that and that was with about 1/3 of the union side refusing to help us

game is not fun when you lose all the time it was really fun last nite when we never lost balance needs to be had some how you just cant make a realistic game and hope people will just play because they want to play because people they want to have fun you have a good game going make it fun for all side oh yea one other thing

why dont you post the morale numbers at the start of the map so the both sides see what they have to do to win

and truly the lemat in game isnt that good i would rather have the walker does lot more damage, lemat you have to get to close to ensure a kill where as the sharps is twice as fast in fire rate is a big issure and yes 11 sharps is better than 20 sharps but still = about 1/3 greater fire rate per team
    No. You seem to be confusing our historical focus of loudouts, areas and objectives by also wanting a historical outcome of the matches.

We have balance mechanics such as the morale system, the capture area and the spawn locations in place to not make it so. Also, the actual battle of Antietam was a draw while the overall tactical victory was a Union one.

There is no difference in damage of the revolvers so yes, the LeMat is straight up better than any other revolver currently.

- Trusty

The sharps rifle certainly does not guarantee a win. I have seen many CSA victories against an all Sharps rifle Union team. I can confidently say, as I have played both sides a lot, the weapons we have right now barely give an advantage, if any. Sure one Union guy with a sharps rifle versus a Confederate with a 1842 has an advantage, but that certainly does not mean he will win. Almost all of the loses I have seen on any map, informal event or not, have been due to leadership errors or rambo officers demolishing lines.