Page 159 of 189 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    But the internal walls of houses can be penetrated, even if they have bricks on the outside.
    With LEAD rounds?

PS: Nice avoidance btw
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    With LEAD rounds?

PS: Nice avoidance btw
    We never stated we are a mil sim through and through.

Stricter formation rules are required to counter everyone feeling like hiding in a bush as a lone wolf due to the open endedness of the game mode and the fact that you only have one life.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

Stricter formation rules are required to counter everyone feeling like hiding in a bush as a lone wolf due to the open endedness of the game mode and the fact that you only have one life.

- Trusty
    Nope you are right, you never say Mil Sim, thats left hanging in the following, and for the reader to interpret!

War of Rights is a multiplayer game set during the perilous days of the American Civil War, in the Maryland Campaign of September, 1862. Campfire Games is devoted to presenting the gruesome and glorious elements of the period, while maintaining the highest level of historical accuracy and realism as is possible with the wonders of CRYENGINE.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Sir, Firstly great job on the game this is the most fun I've had in a shooter in years. I enjoy the direction your team is going with WoR. Keep it up. A concern for game play I and other officers whom understand the ACW era have as an historian, gamer and reenactor: The limited ability of the officer to only set down one type of line. IE; a single straight line. This limits not only the game play of this wonderfully open world, but the historical accuracy of the game plays flow. In actual ACW era tactics a company grade officer,Capt/Lt could place his men in close file, closed rank lines as well as in open ranked lines, opened file lines, and most of all the SKIRMISH LINE!!
    This line is an extended interval, open ranked line which looks like this for a squad of 8-15 men:
    x x x x x x x x firing line

x x x x x x x reloading line, moves through and beyond the front rank line

This skirmish drill and maneuver is critical to the ACW combat and was executed by the rear line continually passing to the front while in advance and the front line continually passing to the rear through the rear rank while in retreat. That's an active, in formation space of at least twenty paces deep!
    The inability of the games officer class to adapt line type formations to the scenario is a severe detriment to historical accuracy as well as the fun level of game play on WoR. A new formation, That of the Skirmish Line is needed. Especially in light of your new Picket and scouting modes introduction. A proper, ACW era skirmish line is designed to be an open ranked, extended interval, line which moves by one line firing while the line to the rear advances at least ten paces, usually closer to twenty beyond the line in advance( firing line). In the current movement penalties and formations in the WoR frame this critical element to the combat experience of the ACW cant be used except at great cost(out of line deaths). Unfortunately this hasn't seemed to be addressed by the game developers yet. I'm not certain anyone has brought this to your attentions sir.
    I remain, respectfully, William Picking Co C 33rd Va infantry.
    Last edited by william pickng; 03-09-2019 at 09:15 PM.

This update seems to have broken the game status UI, in the next round it will be stuck on what it was in the end of the last round, so it will be like Last Stand - Last Push at the start of a new round. After a few respawns it fixed itself for some reason. This bug was present before but its really present now.

After playing a few rounds tonight I can definitely say solid update. Fantastic job Campfire Games. Picket Patrol is really fun to play

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Sadly those stricter formation rules are spilled over into other little details of dis-advantages when kneeling down. Suddenly gravity stops working so we have to shake the musket for example. As a Re-enactor I never ever had to do this so why this is in? Only to force you to stand up really... sure not "forcing" you into line directly... But then the next step, aiming. For some reason if I am not with 5 other guys, my charecter cannot aim steady, not even when kneeling down. Every little detail basicly forces people to just act as line infantry....

And perhaps, it is just an idea.... Server passwords? So that those rambo's as we like to call them cannot enter? Because during event times there should be admins right to deal with it?
    The risk of playing publicly is that you encounter a lonely person. But say, I am in combat with 6 other people in this game mode.... Suddenly 5 get picked off... 2 easy kills dont you think? While in proper combat etc.

The fact that you only have one life, personally, would force me to stick with friendlies to increase my change of surviving an encounter with an enemy patrol. And people will at some point learn themselves how to detect a rambo better. If not, good for the rambo he killed one guy then get shot by 6 others, or stabbed to death....
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by william pickng View Post
    Sir, Firstly great job on the game this is the most fun I've had in a shooter in years. I enjoy the direction your team is going with WoR. Keep it up. A concern for game play I and other officers whom understand the ACW era have as an historian, gamer and reenactor: The limited ability of the officer to only set down one type of line. IE; a single straight line. This limits not only the game play of this wonderfully open world, but the historical accuracy of the game plays flow. In actual ACW era tactics a company grade officer,Capt/Lt could place his men in close file, closed rank lines as well as in open ranked lines, opened file lines, and most of all the SKIRMISH LINE!!
    This line is an extended interval, open ranked line which looks like this for a squad of 8-15 men:
    x x x x x x x x firing line

x x x x x x x reloading line, moves through and beyond the front rank line

This skirmish drill and maneuver is critical to the ACW combat and was executed by the rear line continually passing to the front while in advance and the front line continually passing to the rear through the rear rank while in retreat. That's an active, in formation space of at least twenty paces deep!
    The inability of the games officer class to adapt line type formations to the scenario is a severe detriment to historical accuracy as well as the fun level of game play on WoR. A new formation, That of the Skirmish Line is needed. Especially in light of your new Picket and scouting modes introduction. A proper, ACW era skirmish line is designed to be an open ranked, extended interval, line which moves by one line firing while the line to the rear advances at least ten paces, usually closer to twenty beyond the line in advance( firing line). In the current movement penalties and formations in the WoR frame this critical element to the combat experience of the ACW cant be used except at great cost(out of line deaths). Unfortunately this hasn't seemed to be addressed by the game developers yet. I'm not certain anyone has brought this to your attentions sir.
    I remain, respectfully, William Picking Co C 33rd Va infantry.
    It is my hope Mr. Pickng, that one day they realise there is more then just line infantry. Especially, because the drill included for every infantry regitment, skirmish drill.

People will sort them selves out, due to the nature of skirmishing and different understanding of aproach, not all want to put time in and keep it simply with line.
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

March 12th - Update 144 Released!

- Increased the bullet penetration percentage chance on wooden surfaces from 40% to 70%. Furniture in buildings as well as multiple layers of walls will provide additional cover. Large trees cannot be penetrated.
    - Fixed some buildings where players were unable to shoot through the glass.
    - Fixed teamkill messages not being shown in the ingame chat.
    - Prevented various exploits and hacks.
    - Regenerated the ambient lighting on all levels.
    - Fixed some of the functionality in the admin panel not working from the previous update.
    - Fixed an issue with the morale UI near the compass where it would keep saying Last Stand or Final Push if one of the two had triggered in an earlier round.
    - Various character fixes.
    - Added barefoot and bedrolls variations to the confederates.