Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

I like it but I hope there'll be a spectator team at one point and a little message in the chat or console that indicates someone joined it to prevent combatants from just spying. As it is right now a team can have eyes in the sky and he can communicate easily to his team via team chat as if there won't be spies in spectate on team's outside voice programs.

The only thing you can do about spectate mode to not draw into question the integrity of the competition in the game is:

-Make it easy and transparent to see whose in spectate so no matter whose in spectate other players can see it.
    -Have a server-side option of turning it on / off (other than for admins, which is should always be on for).

I'd definitely consider it literally cheating to have a guy in spectate spying for your team. It's a far easier and more subtle way than actually having a spy on the opposing team. Still, I always required clans to play on the same team in events to discourage it.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 01-02-2018 at 12:27 AM.

CSA Major

if this isnt a spy cheat i have no other words for it, blatantly a cheat so the other team can see what the other is doing and hear at the same time never have i seen a tool for a game like this this makes scouting useless just f9 and go to the other side and hear what they are saying just stupid by all imagination granted a great youtube kiddie tool but for in game use stupid

needs to be taken out and reworked for just streamers or youtube kiddies or something doenst need to used by everyone in the game dont know what else to say

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    if this isnt a spy cheat i have no other words for it, blatantly a cheat so the other team can see what the other is doing and hear at the same time never have i seen a tool for a game like this this makes scouting useless just f9 and go to the other side and hear what they are saying just stupid by all imagination granted a great youtube kiddie tool but for in game use stupid

needs to be taken out and reworked for just streamers or youtube kiddies or something doenst need to used by everyone in the game dont know what else to say
    You've literally never heard of a spectator camera before?
    It enables nothing, and does nothing, that previously could not be learned through joining the enemy team and chatting via an external voice program.

USA Major

I think it's great. Cheaters are going to be cheaters regardless of method but it's not something I'm going to worry about.

The videos that have already been made using this feature just add another element that will definitely help promote this game to even more people. I know I want a larger community and more people to fight with so this is a good thing. I can't get over how amazing these battlescapes are and I never would have fully realized it without that camera.

Nice job devs!

CSA Captain

just disable the chat option for the guys using the cam and ticket loss if they switch back and forth between the game and the camera. Other then that its a very cool feature I agree with Shiloh amazing to see the battlefield this way.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    It enables nothing, and does nothing, that previously could not be learned through joining the enemy team and chatting via an external voice program.
    With all due respect Spec cam gives a complete overview picture on numbers and locations.... a spy embedded with a company really only has info that he can directly see or hear. Also with spec cam they have the ability to give live updates as the combat progresses.

Sorry saw this and thought of WoRs

Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 01-02-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

yes leifr i have seen cams before but almost all are for editing game replays not actually in the game, of all the game i have played recently i cant remember one that had this ingame feature available to all, yes almost all have this but for a replay feature, it is great for all the youtube kiddies and twitchers but it is not real good for the other just enable replays and then let them use your little spy cam like all the other games do then no problem
    and this well just join the other side comment this is why we use 90% teamspeak just for that reason but wait, just wait for private servers then we can solve all this but that time is a long time coming so for now just enable the cam for replays only solves the problem

Ive got to agree with Sgt Sal Tuskin, although this is great for YouTube vids the reality is others will use it for less than honorable purposes. It just seems to gamey to me. Problem is there is no way to control who uses it or those who wish to exploit it.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Major

yes leifr i have seen cams before but almost all are for editing game replays not actually in the game, of all the game i have played recently i cant remember one that had this ingame feature available to all, yes almost all have this but for a replay feature, it is great for all the youtube kiddies and twitchers but it is not real good for the other just enable replays and then let them use your little spy cam like all the other games do then no problem
    and this well just join the other side comment this is why we use 90% teamspeak just for that reason but wait, just wait for private servers then we can solve all this but that time is a long time coming so for now just enable the cam for replays only solves the problem
    Red Orchestra/Rising Storm?
    Call of Duty?
    Battlefield?

Hell, even the IL2 series allows free spectate.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Red Orchestra/Rising Storm?
    Call of Duty?
    Battlefield?

Hell, even the IL2 series allows free spectate.
    Mount and Blade? I don’t see any difference between the camera and having one of your people on the other team.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX