Page 98 of 189 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Captain

So I read before this patch that you were going to fix the server loading screen freeze, can I confirm... as Im still getting the bug you tried to fix it but it wasn't successful or you didn't bother (its coming later) and gave us a map and uped the server pop instead?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    So I read before this patch that you were going to fix the server loading screen freeze, can I confirm... as Im still getting the bug you tried to fix it but it wasn't successful or you didn't bother (its coming later) and gave us a map and uped the server pop instead?
    Yes, that is how game development works. Not fixing issues = not bothering - if only it was that simple.

You will notice the update contains a "UI overhaul". This means lots of the backend UI code has been updated to work better and cause less crashes (some of which are during the faction selection screen). That doesn't mean your faction selection issue was fixed it just means it might have been as some of the issues have been fixed.

- Trusty

We're very aware of the crashing issues at the faction selection screen (in part thanks to your reports) and it continues to be one of the top priority crash fixes.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I read and saw a lot of features and updates....sadly these cannot be witnessed firsthand by me, as I still cannot get onto a populated server.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    I read and saw a lot of features and updates....sadly these cannot be witnessed firsthand by me, as I still cannot get onto a populated server.
    None can currently. We've spent the past 14 hours or so debugging why.

- Trusty

We just pushed a hotfix hopefully resolving most of the new crashes you have been recieving since the latest update, update 90. This update also brings with it a few UI improvements for the Drill Camp. On the faction selection screen, only the faction that is present on the server you joined, can be clicked and the compass is no longer shown constantly. Other players will now be properly shown in the tab screen. You can also no longer teleport around the map by accidentally hitting the F keys along with certain other keys.

CSA Captain

Great, thank you, dling now!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

After playtesting the update just released before it went live and having very few issues it is now acting about as bad in terms of crashes as the original update 90 for us when being live.

Please submit your findings of its issues - we will get some much needed rest (our brains are wasted from today's debug hell) and investigate further tomorrow.

We may be looking at rolling back to update 89.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

2 attempts out of 3, I got in..... about the same as the prepatch.

Bed for you guys, up and at it tomorrow. Good luck!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

Yea so clearing your user files (Users/YOURNAME/Saved Games/warofrights and warofrights2) will likely solve the freezing at map load screen. However you'll get the crash at the faction selection screen where the game freezes again. This is obviously UI related to me and with the new update being all about UI internally the problem is obviously there. Without access to the code, my best guess is that the game hangs on a faulty coroutine or a breaking finite state machine. Will try again in a bit and try to get an error log.