Page 150 of 189 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    January 17th - Update 136 Released!

- Added Present Arms action for players with rifles, trigger it by pressing P.
    - Teamkills are now only being shown to the player teamkilling and the player being teamkilled.
    - Added a teamkilling warning to the player teamkilling before the player is eventually banned for additional teamkilling. Messages of players being banned will still be posted in the chat.
    - Added snow and mud footsteps.
    - Improved the ready 3rd person movement animations.
    - Improved the 3rd person start reload animation for rifles.
    - Improved the rifle club movement animations.
    - Improved the run and charge with a bayonet move animations.
    - Updated the Mumma Farm from the wooden structure currently in place on Antietam Battlefield to the ruins of the original brick one.

Attachment 10410

- Reworked the vegetation around Mumma Farm to better match the period photos rather than today's vegetation.

Attachment 10409

- Added a small field road running next to Hagerstown Turnpike from Miller Barn as seen in Alexander Gardeners photographs.
    - Minor character adjustments.
    - Added missing overview map of the latest added skirmish area, Bolivar Heights Redoubt.
    thank you. Though my 2 cents: I liked knowing if a certain player was team killing. What was the reason for making it visible to only those directly involved?
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Quote Originally Posted by Cairnsy44 View Post
    thank you. Though my 2 cents: I liked knowing if a certain player was team killing. What was the reason for making it visible to only those directly involved?
    We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level - all they see is teamkills over and over again. This will quickly made them come to the conclusion that the game is nothing but griefers and trolls. In reality, if we featured a rolling kill feed like so many other games the TKs would be drowned out by enemy kills.

We will likely show all of the tk's to server admins only in the next update for sort of obvious reasons ("If you kill Mr. X one more time I will ban you!!!").

- Trusty

USA Major

We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level - all they see is teamkills over and over again. This will quickly made them come to the conclusion that the game is nothing but griefers and trolls. In reality, if we featured a rolling kill feed like so many other games the TKs would be drowned out by enemy kills.

We will likely show all of the tk's to server admins only in the next update for sort of obvious reasons ("If you kill Mr. X one more time I will ban you!!!").

- Trusty
    I would love it we had the option to turn off the text chat altogether.

CSA Captain

We think it negatively impacted the players on a psychological level
    Are you calling us Snowflakes?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Are you calling us Snowflakes?
    Not at all. Only highlighting something negative to someone (in a flashy red text none the less) over and over again will likely make anyone in time come to the conclusion that there are far more tk's to enemy kills than there is in reality.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Not at all. Only highlighting something negative to someone (in a flashy red text none the less) over and over again will likely make anyone in time come to the conclusion that there are far more tk's to enemy kills than there is in reality.

- Trusty
    I really only thought that when we would get like 7 of them in less than 2 seconds. And even then, we just assume someone was being a bit careless during a bayonet charge.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA Brigadier General

January 17th - Update 136 Released!

- Added Present Arms action for players with rifles, trigger it by pressing P.
    - Teamkills are now only being shown to the player teamkilling and the player being teamkilled.
    - Added a teamkilling warning to the player teamkilling before the player is eventually banned for additional teamkilling. Messages of players being banned will still be posted in the chat.
    - Added snow and mud footsteps.
    - Improved the ready 3rd person movement animations.
    - Improved the 3rd person start reload animation for rifles.
    - Improved the rifle club movement animations.
    - Improved the run and charge with a bayonet move animations.
    - Updated the Mumma Farm from the wooden structure currently in place on Antietam Battlefield to the ruins of the original brick one.

Attachment 10410

- Reworked the vegetation around Mumma Farm to better match the period photos rather than today's vegetation.

Attachment 10409

- Added a small field road running next to Hagerstown Turnpike from Miller Barn as seen in Alexander Gardners photographs.
    - Minor character adjustments.
    - Added missing overview map of the latest added skirmish area, Bolivar Heights Redoubt.
    just 2 points:

For server admins tks should be visible to keep an eye on it or to see the name of the player who keeps tking.

but sounds like a good update.

my 2nd point is a small bug report:

in the drillcamp in F4 view it is only possible to press "P" just on time and then it will not leave the following state and ignoring f- keys for example. Happens when you leave or enter present arms state. Also the bayonet is again back at the trigger.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I liked the teamkill feed because it gave me a sense of what groups on my team to avoid.
    You will still see it when you're teamkilled and also when tk'ers are temp banned.

Yes, as stated earlier server admins will be shown all tks in the next update.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Love the new present arms! Next up, sword drill?

- Trusty
    I was going to suggest color coding the TK's between the two teams (Grey on grey, blue on blue) and putting it elsewhere, outside of the chat.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 01-18-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n