Page 109 of 189 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

The shaders kept cutting in and out at certain points making it daylight, then nighttime - which was quite nice while it lasted for a minute or two - before it went back to daylight.
    That was almost certainly Fancy changing the time of day. Annoyingly, server admin currently allows the changing of time but not the skirmish area.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    That was almost certainly Fancy changing the time of day. Annoyingly, server admin currently allows the changing of time but not the skirmish area.
    I did see Fancy in there at one point so could be. Maybe you can ask him if it can go nighttime for this evening's event- or at least a map or two. It would be nice to see if the map finds more balance if the Confederates have the cover of darkness to attack.

It was indeed me who changed it to nighttime. I left it there for 5-10 minutes to see if it would make a difference, but I ended up changing it back to daylight again as there was too much confusion as to who was friend or foe. I did enjoy seing the new gunshot paricle effects at night though.

A new update has been released!

March 26th - Update 101 Released!

- Increased CSA morale by 30% on the River Crossing skirmish area on Harpers Ferry.
    - Added additional confederate artillery that focus fires the defensive areas of the Union soldiers at the River Crossing of Harpers Ferry.
    - Added new artillery water splash particle effect.
    - Tweaked the proxies near the pontoon bridge to make it more difficult for players to drown themselves.
    - Added various decals to the buildings in Harpers Ferry.
    - It's now possible again to select the other faction in the middle of a skirmish round.
    - The time of day start time of the East Woods skirmish area on Antietam has been set a little bit earlier, just before the sun sets.

USA Captain

Interesting. Hope the artillery won't trigger too often.

I do believe it's a tough map for the rebs, but, if people wouldn't be running in one by one (I don't get it), it might be doable. Let's see how the changes effect things.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeFilly View Post
    Interesting. Hope the artillery won't trigger too often.

I do believe it's a tough map for the rebs, but, if people wouldn't be running in one by one (I don't get it), it might be doable. Let's see how the changes effect things.
    The adjustments were needed, especially artillery. Normally I despise artillery on maps but in this case a lot is needed because that was how it was historically, Jackson had a ton of artillery focused on Harpers Ferry.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    The adjustments were needed, especially artillery. Normally I despise artillery on maps but in this case a lot is needed because that was how it was historically, Jackson had a ton of artillery focused on Harpers Ferry.
    Historically, the Union also had 14,000 men to defend it. It's going to be about trying to find the right balance of artillery fire to these small skirmish battles. Would be neat if there's a way to automatically increase/decrease the volume of artillery depending on the server population.

CSA Captain

Yep, I got ripped to shreds 3 times tonight by arty. I didn`t even know that we could die by arty until tonight. Meaning I never fell from artillery fire before, and just at Harpers Ferry 3 times.

PS: Can`t really say if thats a bad thing, as it seems to reflect history just perfectly. On the other hand it is very difficult to aim during a barrage. The sway feels unending...

March 30th - Update 102 Released!

- Fixed various crash issues when joining a server though some may still persist.
    - Reduced the amount of artillery slightly on the Harpers Ferry river crossing skirmish area.
    - Fixed the screen water effect triggering regardless if the shell actually hits any water.
    - Increased the CSA morale slightly on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Fixed the head rotation of other players being reflected.
    - Improved the texture of the large stonewallls on Harpers Ferry.
    - Added ledges for vaulting to the V shaped stonewall near the capture zone on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Added ledges for vaulting to Burnside Bridge on Antietam to make it easier for the union to escape the bridge and get down on the river bank on either side.
    - Fixed some of the objects on Harpers Ferry not producing footstep sounds.
    - Replaced 2nd Mississippi with 18th Mississippi on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Made it more likely for bullets to go throw the gaps in the metal fence over the pontoons at the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.

Known Issues
    - Other players heads may stutter slightly when free looking.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    March 30th - Update 102 Released!

- Fixed various crash issues when joining a server though some may still persist.
    - Reduced the amount of artillery slightly on the Harpers Ferry river crossing skirmish area.
    - Fixed the screen water effect triggering regardless if the shell actually hits any water.
    - Increased the CSA morale slightly on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Fixed the head rotation of other players being reflected.
    - Improved the texture of the large stonewallls on Harpers Ferry.
    - Added ledges for vaulting to the V shaped stonewall near the capture zone on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Added ledges for vaulting to Burnside Bridge on Antietam to make it easier for the union to escape the bridge and get down on the river bank on either side.
    - Fixed some of the objects on Harpers Ferry not producing footstep sounds.
    - Replaced 2nd Mississippi with 18th Mississippi on the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.
    - Made it more likely for bullets to go throw the gaps in the metal fence over the pontoons at the Harpers Ferry River Crossing skirmish area.

Known Issues
    - Other players heads may stutter slightly when free looking.

- Trusty
    Sweet can’t wait to try it out