Page 129 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1890

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Alright gents, keep it on-topic please.

- Trusty

CSA Major

something just got released in the last hr or two, 1.0 GB patch but don't know what it addresses.

- Warboy
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    something just got released in the last hr or two, 1.0 GB patch but don't know what it addresses.

- Warboy
    August 27th - Hotfix Released!

- Fixed the custom keybindings in the options menu not being saved and loaded properly.
    - Small optimization to the needle of the compass, making it only update its rotation when its visible, this possibly also fixes a rare crash, related to the compass.
    - Small environment updates to Harpers Ferry.

There is also one last thing. We want to mention it somewhat softly. You should now be able to fairly reliably, be able to leave the server you are playing on, by hitting escape and clicking the leave server button, return to the Main Menu, select a new server in the server browser and join that one, without having to restart the game and without the game crashing. The ingame server browser from the ingame menu does not work and will soon be removed.

USA Brigadier General

hmm maybe rename it and delete the button to join them?

It's a nice feature to look if other servers have more players etc so I dont have to leave my current match to check it.

just an idea.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Yeah it would have its uses. But we think it would be too confusing for newcomers, to have an ingame server browser, but not actually being able to join the servers. You can still check the server population directly in Steam.

View -> Servers -> Filter for War of Rights.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Yeah it would have its uses. But we think it would be too confusing for newcomers, to have an ingame server browser, but not actually being able to join the servers. You can still check the server population directly in Steam.

View -> Servers -> Filter for War of Rights.
    The all powerful way to view the servers
    War of Rights Server Listing.jpg

USA General of the Army

I really REALLY dislike the TEAM AUTO Adjust. It takes me some 5 to 7 minutes to get back on the side I chose to be on in the first place. The SOUTH. is this new feature here to stay? I got so fed up waiting to get back into the game, after the 3rd time i was killed, I had to call it quits and go play something else. when the poster screen came up briefly for me to join again, I couldnt, cause apparently someone else was way faster with their mouse than I was. it was up and gone after a second of Highlighting the JOIN Southern poster. I hope this wont be the normal now. I only wish to fight with my team mates on the southern side. Not against them. The fun of the game is taken from me when that happens. Otherwise I can play till i die and play something else. I did type in team auto adjust and didnt see anything.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    I really REALLY dislike the TEAM AUTO Adjust. It takes me some 5 to 7 minutes to get back on the side I chose to be on in the first place. The SOUTH. is this new feature here to stay? I got so fed up waiting to get back into the game, after the 3rd time i was killed, I had to call it quits and go play something else. when the poster screen came up briefly for me to join again, I couldnt, cause apparently someone else was way faster with their mouse than I was. it was up and gone after a second of Highlighting the JOIN Southern poster. I hope this wont be the normal now. I only wish to fight with my team mates on the southern side. Not against them. The fun of the game is taken from me when that happens. Otherwise I can play till i die and play something else. I did type in team auto adjust and didnt see anything.
    Totally agree, this feature is actually emptying servers because people are so sick of it. As far as I'm concerned it's not which side I'm on, it's that we are constantly being split up & cannot even play with friends. It's a lot worse if you're in a southern regiment obviously, if you want to play with friends then you're spending more time looking at posters than firing weapons. Perhaps the biggest part of when you join WoR is finding a Company, you make a huge deal of the 'team' aspect, the company tool etc......then you introduce auto balance which forces us into pick up groups??? I'm sorry but that makes no sense AT all.
    Last edited by Sox; 09-02-2018 at 04:59 AM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Captain

It may help to consider oneself as being an Alpha tester at the moment not "just" a player of the game. It is obvious at the moment that there are way more Rebel enthusiats playing the game. Why this is has probably many reasons. (One of them might be that Confeds get fences to hide behind, even when they are meant to attack on certain maps^^)
    I guess the Auto-adjust helps that there are simply quite enough blues to shoot down. Without it even more union players would turn away from the game, when they 1. see underpopulated servers during the week and 2. see themselves always outnumbered by the south, which historically seen appears quite ...unhistorical.

Cheers, gents.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    It may help to consider oneself as being an Alpha tester at the moment not "just" a player of the game.
    I do consider myself a tester, and I am looking at things with an eye to the future. The idea of auto balance is not wrong, it's how it's implemented. If the game was live, and I had joined a Company then I would want to play the game with that Company, no matter what side I was on. A number of Confederate regiments switch sides, on a regular basis, for balance purposes, 1st Texas do it, 6th LA do it, 1st Georgia do it etc...but when we do fight Union we still get to play together. The only thing that is really irritating about the system is that it splits Companies up, and that will annoy people once the game is live. We train together as a unit, we drill together as a unit......then when we go to fight we get split up into pick up groups, in what world is that ever going to work?
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.