Page 130 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1885

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    I do consider myself a tester, and I am looking at things with an eye to the future. The idea of auto balance is not wrongto get everyone onto the same team eventually how it's implemented. If the game was live, and I had joined a Company then I would want to play the game with that Company, no matter what side I was on. A number of Confederate regiments switch sides, on a regular basis, for balance purposes, 1st Texas do it, 6th LA do it, 1st Georgia do it etc...but when we do fight Union we still get to play together. The only thing that is really irritating about the system is that it splits Companies up, and that will annoy people once the game is live. We train together as a unit, we drill together as a unit......then when we go to fight we get split up into pick up groups, in what world is that ever going to work?
    I think the issue could be remedied with something like what I suggested here (shameless promotion of own thread, I know, but I'm too lazy to type it all up in this post), and a pre-game selection period that will hopefully allow everyone to play on their respective side with their unit. Because usually, it's not the numbers that are annoying, it's how slow it can be to eventually get everyone onto the same team, and my suggestion would hopefully help, or at least remove the frustration of slowly transferring everyone to the same team.

USA Major

It's alpha, and we certainly are the testers. But hopefully when the game goes into beta and release there will be a large enough population to play with your company and the side you want. And, hopefully, there will be enough independent players willing to fill the gaps for which ever side needs them that games don't get stuck waiting for enough players to balance the skirmish.
    Lightfoot

September 5th - Update 120 Released!

- Fixed a bug that would crash the server when it reached 150 players.
    - The Standard Issue Bayonet will now get bloody when it stabs someone, other players will also be able to see your bayonet being bloody if you return to your regiment after surviving a melee engagement.
    - Made more regiments support bloody character models.
    - Added 32nd Ohio and 126th New York for the Maryland Heights Skirmish Area
    - Fixed a bug with projectiles where if they flew outside of the map, they would never time out and exist forever.
    - Sometimes when players have clicked deploy, they would be stuck in the spectator camera without ever spawning. This happened because the game client tried to spawn on a spawn point that was deactivated on the server which then denied the clients spawn request. Now if this happens, the spawn point the client tried to spawn at gets disabled on the client and the Deploy Screen on the client should restart hopefully allowing the client to respawn at a spawn point that is also enabled on the server.
    - Updated the R. Miller barn model.
    - Graphical updates to the drill camp level.
    - Added the 13th Georgia to Hooker's Push skirmish area.
    - Added the 1810 Stairwell to Harpers Ferry.
    - The player is now able to enter Melee Mode with the club faster.
    - The movement of the camera has been reduced when entering melee mode with the club.
    - The Sharps Rifle and Sharps Carbine is now positioned correctly in the hand when being in Right Shoulder Shift.
    - Alligned the sights on all ranges properly to the center of the screen for the Springfield M1861, Springfield M1855, Pattern Enfield M1853 and the Whitworth.
    - The sound of gunshots is now delayed, depending on the distance of the shot to the listener, simulating the travel time of sound.
    - All melee attacks play slightly faster.
    - Replaced all the 1st and 3rd person animations on the flag bearer with new ones.
    - Changed the way the weapon moves around on the screen when aiming left, right, up and down.
    - The friendly fire suppression amount has been reduced by 75% to lessen the amount skirmish lines suppress themselves.
    - Possibly fixed the issue where CSA Privates for no reason would be deserting on the Roulette Lane Skirmish Area.
    - Increased available NCO slots from 2 to 4 for each regiment.

- Trusty

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    September 5th - Update 120 Released!

- Fixed a bug with projectiles where if they flew outside of the map, they would never time out and exist forever.

- Trusty
    And some say they are still out there, never speeding up nor slowing down, travelling on in the void... forever.

Awesome work, can't wait to see the update up close and personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop3012 View Post
    And some say they are still out there, never speeding up nor slowing down, travelling on in the void... forever.

Awesome work, can't wait to see the update up close and personal.
    May those that didnt get rescued, find peace in the void..

1. Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
      All of the smoothbores are subsonic, aren't they?

All of the rifles use powder to send the projectile flying, so when all of those compressed gasses suddenly escape from the barrel, it makes the loud noise. The 'crack' you can hear from weapons is indeed from bullets going over the speed of sound and that would be affected by it being subsonic or not.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 09-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.

USA Captain

I don't know if its me or what, but after the patch, things aren't quite right. Still having crashing issues. Also, the right shoulder shift is off. See pic. And the melee, yes its faster but looks clumsey. Again could just be me.

20180905195612_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    I don't know if its me or what, but after the patch, things aren't quite right. Still having crashing issues. Also, the right shoulder shift is off. See pic. And the melee, yes its faster but looks clumsey. Again could just be me.

20180905195612_1.jpg
    The crashing fix they added was for the servers and a very specific bug. And what do you mean by clumsy?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    The crashing fix they added was for the servers and a very specific bug. And what do you mean by clumsy?

It's kind of hard to explain, but it almost looks like he skips a frame and he wants to fall over. I tried to film it but it keeps crashing when I'm in f4 too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    It's kind of hard to explain, but it almost looks like he skips a frame and he wants to fall over. I tried to film it but it keeps crashing when I'm in f4 too long.

If you are not actually stabbing something and just stabbing the air, that's intentional and meant to simulate your guy suddenly throwing a lot of momentum (from his body and rifle) forward and it pulling him forward a bit along with his rifle down.