Page 156 of 189 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1890

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Interested to hear what the rest of the community think:

Would you rather have one update a month or every two months consisting of more stuff or are you happy with our rapid update schedule.

We on the team like to get stuff out there to you asap to test it once something is ready for alpha deployment, but this comes at the cost of smaller updates (but a lot more of them).

- Trusty
    1 big update a month of graphical tweaks and bug fixes, is much the same as weekly smaller updates of graphical tweaks and bug fixes imo. Its not the frequency thats the problem, my frustration comes from the 'apparent' lack of any real advances in the game since Phase II. I'd even settle for greater Dev communication on features and their current progress, anything really. I just feel the game has stalled a little but clearly thats just my opinion.....
    Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 02-16-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

February 23rd - Update 141 Released!

- Added a benchmark to the game which can be started by going into the Options menu from the main menu and clicking the Benchmark button. The benchmark can only be started when the game is initially launched, after having joined a server, the benchmark will not be available.
    - Drastically improved the performance cost of the particles and gunsmoke, resulting in an average framerate change from 19 fps to 34 fps. Tested on one of our test systems equipped with an Intel i7 6700HQ cpu and an Nvidia GTX 1070 and confirmed in the benchmark.
    - Fixed a glitch where it was possible for players to fly.
    - Stepping in mud in otherwise dry weather, now produces a muddy footstep sound.
    - Increased the audio volume for bullet hits on soft vegetation objects.
    - The warmer times approaches, the foliage on the Drill Camp blossoms once again.
    - Updated blanket rolls and added additional variants.
    - Added a new head to the character pool.
    - Updated Sherrick corn crib model.
    - Updated a few environment textures.

CSA Captain

The Benchmark works well, I average 60 fps on V high to high. All very nice, thanks, any chance at randomising the musket fire sound in game? I've said before that the sound of musketry should be mixed up a little as not every gun, load and shot should be the same.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    The Benchmark works well, I average 60 fps on V high to high. All very nice, thanks, any chance at randomising the musket fire sound in game? I've said before that the sound of musketry should be mixed up a little as not every gun, load and shot should be the same.
    Thanks.

The gunshot sounds differ from each rifle model (all characters in the benchmark have the same rifle however).

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks.

The gunshot sounds differ from each rifle model (all characters in the benchmark have the same rifle however).

- Trusty
    Really, can you post the sound files at some stage for each weapon so we can hear the difference ourselves? For me they all sound roughly the same!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Really, can you post the sound files at some stage for each weapon so we can hear the difference ourselves? For me they all sound roughly the same!
    We'll look into that.

The difference isn't massive (unless you compare pistol fire to rifle fire) but it is there.

- Trusty

More frequent updates are better until the server files are released and they have to be manually updated by various hosts.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Brigadier General

last saturday my unit performed fire by files. Everybody was equipped with an Enflied except one who had a Lorenz and we were able to hear a clear difference.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

February 27th - Update 142 Released!

- Made further performance improvements to the particles, With this update on the benchmark, one of our test systems, equipped an Intel i7 6700HQ cpu and a GTX 1070, went from 34.7 FPS to 39.1 FPS.
    - Prevented players from exploiting a known speedhack.
    - Prevented non players from joining the games TeamSpeak voice chat server.
    - Prevented the player from unknowingly spawning when Last Stand triggers if the player is using the worcam.
    - We are now showing the timer informing the defenders during last stand to get to the point much sooner than we were before.
    - Reduced the desertion timer when leaving the point of contention as a defender during last stand from 60 to 20 seconds.
    - Made the voice chat select the default windows recording or output device if it can no longer find the last selected device, most likely fixing most cases where players are unable to hear the voice chat.
    - Made the time of day during midday, slightly more yellow.
    - Made the rain water on the terrain evaporate more slowly.
    - Updated Piper Slave House model.

No changes to final push? So now basically if you get put into last stand your going to lose the map even if you put the attacker into final push first. Don't get me wrong I think the last stand definitely needed to be tweaked due to people running back but now it's basically like giving the attacker a extra moral stage if they can get the defenders into last stand during final push