Page 158 of 189 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

CSA Major

Take it to the appropriate thread fellas.
    Thanks.

March 8th - Update 143 Released!

- Added a new game mode, Picket Patrol.
    - The main objective of Picket Patrol is simply to kill the enemy force you’ll encounter. The round ends when all enemies are killed or the timer runs out. Whoever has the most kills when the timer ends, wins. The teams kill count is hidden until the end of the round where a winner is declared.
    - Players only have 1 life per Picket Patrol round and will be able to spectate their team members for the remainder of the round should they die.
    - Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds.
    - When a new player joins the server. The player will automatically be put into the spectator camera for the duration of the ongoing round.
    - If less than 12 players are present on the server, the formation restrictions will automatically be disabled and new players joining the server will always be able to spawn once in the ongoing match, regardless of how much time is left.
    - Added partial support for suppressing all UI that is automatically shown by the game. The setting can currently be found in the Options Graphics settings. The text chat still auto shows itself when a new message is received, this will be fixed soon.
    - Fixed a bug where if the player whose death triggers Last Stand, dies inside the capture zone, the player will respawn with too little time to make it back to the point of contention.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by fancy sweetroll View Post
    march 8th - update 143 released!

- added a new game mode, picket patrol.
    - the main objective of picket patrol is simply to kill the enemy force you’ll encounter. The round ends when all enemies are killed or the timer runs out. Whoever has the most kills when the timer ends, wins. The teams kill count is hidden until the end of the round where a winner is declared.
    - players only have 1 life per picket patrol round and will be able to spectate their team members for the remainder of the round should they die.
    - due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds.
    - when a new player joins the server. The player will automatically be put into the spectator camera for the duration of the ongoing round.
    - if less than 12 players are present on the server, the formation restrictions will automatically be disabled and new players joining the server will always be able to spawn once in the ongoing match, regardless of how much time is left.
    - added partial support for suppressing all ui that is automatically shown by the game. The setting can currently be found in the options graphics settings. The text chat still auto shows itself when a new message is received, this will be fixed soon.
    - fixed a bug where if the player whose death triggers last stand, dies inside the capture zone, the player will respawn with too little time to make it back to the point of contention.

cool update !

The field report for the new update is on its way of course, with some more usefull information!

https://warofrights.com/Fieldreport42

Good update. Thank you for listening to us and implementing a new game mode. I feel this will create some interesting scenarios.

USA General of the Army

This is a welcome surprise.

CSA Captain

I much appreciate the new feature, thank you, but I cant believe 'Veteran' players endorsed less player freedom on the battlefield (with tighter 'line' controls) and also agreeing to finally putting the Skirmish class & player to the sword!

'Open ended' is a clear positive in my book, great!

But more formation restrictions, a count down and for the folks at home, 'Spectator Cam' for all. It appears further from a Mil Sim than ever!!!!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Captain

How do we set the server to the new game mode?
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    How do we set the server to the new game mode?
    You cant do that yet. But you will probably be able to in the next update, in a few days probably. For now its easier for us to test it on a server that we developers have direct access to.

I will push a hotfix in a bit. Fixing the issue where a team sometimes would not be able to spawn on the new game mode. This was because the server assigned the dead flag bearers flag from the previous area, as the new base spawn for the next area hehe.

I am also making bullets able to pierce wooden materials. In this hotfix they have a 40% chance of piercing wooden materials. Rock and brick walls still cant be penetrated. But the internal walls of houses can be penetrated, even if they have bricks on the outside. Wooden fences now also have a 40% chance to be pierced. These values will probably be tweaked as we go forward. Or be removed entirely, we'll see.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    You cant do that yet. But you will probably be able to in the next update, in a few days probably. For now its easier for us to test it on a server that we developers have direct access to.

I will push a hotfix in a bit. Fixing the issue where a team sometimes would not be able to spawn on the new game mode. This was because the server assigned the dead flag bearers flag from the previous area, as the new base spawn for the next area hehe.

I am also making bullets able to pierce wooden materials. In this hotfix they have a 40% chance of piercing wooden materials. Rock and brick walls still cant be penetrated. But the internal walls of houses can be penetrated, even if they have bricks on the outside. Wooden fences now also have a 40% chance to be pierced. These values will probably be tweaked as we go forward. Or be removed entirely, we'll see.
    Woah! Neat update, the spawn fix and wood penetration are hype
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!