Page 168 of 189 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    May 17th - Update 152 Released!

- Made one of the teams do the rebel yell or shout huzzah when the opposing team goes one step down in its morale, from Battle Ready to Engaged for example.
    - Made your spot in the flag bearer spawn queue be listed more accurately.
    - Reworked 9th New York uniforms.
    - Updates to 2nd Mississippi uniforms.
    - Updates to 18th Georgia uniforms.
    I take it the new shouts are why this is 2.5 GB?

USA Captain

May 17th - Update 152 Released
    Zoo Zoo Zoo!!!!

72ndPA
    May 17th - Update 152 Released!

- Made one of the teams do the rebel yell or shout huzzah when the opposing team goes one step down in its morale, from Battle Ready to Engaged for example.
    - Made your spot in the flag bearer spawn queue be listed more accurately.
    - Updates to 2nd Mississippi uniforms.
    - Updates to 18th Georgia uniforms.
    Rework the 72ndPA next please the uniforms are still incorrect.Kyle the mod has pictures of the original uniform and everything you need to get it 100% correct.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    If I don't hear Lancaster or myself or both in this, we've been jipped boys.
    Absolutely.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

One issue with the yells.... they continue even after the player is dead. In some staged charges for footage tonight there were several cases where one team was basically annihilated on the field yet you still heard a cacophony of victory cheers from where they laid dead on the field as they had reduced the enemy team. I think there's a high possibility of that happening a lot as the immediate local successes and failures aren't always correlating to the team morale statuses.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    One issue with the yells.... they continue even after the player is dead. In some staged charges for footage tonight there were several cases where one team was basically annihilated on the field yet you still heard a cacophony of victory cheers from where they laid dead on the field as they had reduced the enemy team. I think there's a high possibility of that happening a lot as the immediate local successes and failures aren't always correlating to the team morale statuses.
    I may be mistaken but I believe the yells are ambient audio broadcast throughout the playing area and arent centered on players...

Quote Originally Posted by 72ndPA View Post
    Rework the 72ndPA next please the uniforms are still incorrect.Kyle the mod has pictures of the original uniform and everything you need to get it 100% correct.
    And fix the 2nd MD flag to its proper design pretty please. I had made a decent version with instructions on the relatively minor things that needed to be added/done to it. https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...tle-Flag/page2

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    If the player is dead. He should not trigger the huzzah or rebel yell sound, though if the player is alive and the sound is then triggered and the player then dies immediately after, then the sound will continue to play from the now dead player until the sound is finished. We might look into stopping the sound if this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    I may be mistaken but I believe the yells are ambient audio broadcast throughout the playing area and arent centered on players...
    Currently each player within 30 meters of the camera will trigger a local version of the sound where its just this player alone that is shouting. Then for long distance shouts. Normally its just the server that is calculating the formations and it then tells the clients whether they are InFormation, Skirmishing or OutOfLine. Though when these shouts are triggered, the client also calculates where the centers of the various formations are and it then proceeds to play a long distance group shout from these various formations. That will typically be 1-4 long distance sounds playing. But this means that the sounds are always coming from the direction where the players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    If the player is dead. He should not trigger the huzzah or rebel yell sound, though if the player is alive and the sound is then triggered and the player then dies immediately after, then the sound will continue to play from the now dead player until the sound is finished. We might look into stopping the sound if this happens.

Currently each player within 30 meters of the camera will trigger a local version of the sound where its just this player alone that is shouting. Then for long distance shouts. Normally its just the server that is calculating the formations and it then tells the clients whether they are InFormation, Skirmishing or OutOfLine. Though when these shouts are triggered, the client also calculates where the centers of the various formations are and it then proceeds to play a long distance group shout from these various formations. That will typically be 1-4 long distance sounds playing. But this means that the sounds are always coming from the direction where the players are.
    That's a mighty ingenious way of implementing the group shout! Hats off to you all!

tyty, heres a little teaser

It will have some issues in the first implementation though. If you type in the wrong password, the game will just say the server is full and you will have to restart the game in order to try joining again on this particular server.

These are issues (among many others) that will be fixed when the new lobby system is ready which one of our main programmers have been working on for the past 6 months.

Once connected to the passworded server, the server owner can change the password or choose to remove it and the players already connected will remain connected. The server owner can also choose to put a password onto a server that does not have a password and again, the players already connected will remain connected until they leave or are kicked.