Page 183 of 185 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1844

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

  1. #1821

    USA 1st Lieutenant

    Dman979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    201/200
    Posts
    520
    Bring back the fully automatic M1861 Springfield!

    Best,
    Dman979

  2. #1822

    CSA Captain

    Vulcarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Taxachussetts
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    October 7th - Update 163 Released!

    - Made the long lasting weapon smoke slightly darker to reduce the amount it burns out.
    - Fixed a bug where first choosing to spawn on the base, then instead clicking the flag and pressing deploy, would result in the player spawning on the base anyway.
    - Fixed a bug where a player would be unable to spawn if the player had left a server while it was in last stand. When joining a new server where Last Stand was not active, choosing the team which on the previous server had entered Last Stand, would result in a message being shown that the team had run out of tickets with the player unable to proceed and then being forced to restart the game.
    - Added (Spectating) in front of player names in the tab menu who are spectating with the free flight camera. While in this spectator mode, their names are now also colored dark Grey. This only happens for regular players. Admins will not get the (Spectating) tag added to their names and their name color will remain Red or Black, depending on what they have chosen in the admin UI.
    - For admins, the chat will now post a message whenever somebody starts and stops spectating using the free flight camera.
    - Made the nametags be visible on players from both teams while using the free flight camera.
    - Updated the artillery embankments throughout Harpers Ferry.

    Attachment 11422
    CSA battery, Loudoun Heights, Harpers Ferry - A playable location come the artillery update
    Thank you for spectator mode changes...

  3. #1823

    CSA Captain


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    537
    Step in the right direction, but I can foresee that all a server host has to do is set up a "powerless" admin role to make certain players "designated spies."
    Currahee!

  4. #1824
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Step in the right direction, but I can foresee that all a server host has to do is set up a "powerless" admin role to make certain players "designated spies."
    We were thinking the same thing when we read it... Any chance of having (spectating) in front of admins as well please?

    Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade Commanding Officer

  5. #1825

    USA Major

    RhettVito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    869
    - Updated the artillery embankments throughout Harpers Ferry thanks !
    -Vito Cpt of the 72ndPA

  6. #1826
    I don't see the point in protecting admins from (spectating) either only because you're already able to hide your admin status. It's marginally beneficial for anti-trolling if you're dealing with a particularly paranoid troll but there's going to inevitably be randoms spectating occasionally and that isn't much of a deterrent itself. So if I was trying to clandestinely admin from spectate then all I'd have to do is operate without the indicator.

    The hide feature works very well as far as I can tell.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  7. #1827

    USA Major

    RhettVito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I don't see the point in protecting admins from (spectating) either only because you're already able to hide your admin status. It's marginally beneficial for anti-trolling if you're dealing with a particularly paranoid troll but there's going to inevitably be randoms spectating occasionally and that isn't much of a deterrent itself. So if I was trying to clandestinely admin from spectate then all I'd have to do is operate without the indicator.

    The hide feature works very well as far as I can tell.
    Valid point!
    The admin of the server should not be protected either. Anyone and everyone that is spectating should be shown.
    A admin could easily go on spectator cam and cheat not showing admin when they are spectator can really give them room to exploit stuff.
    -Vito Cpt of the 72ndPA

  8. #1828
    Yesterday we pushed an update which should fix the spawning issues people had been experiencing. In a few minutes we will also be releasing another small update which will add (Spectating) in front of their name regardless of what status they have. What then happens for admins is that their name simply will be red or black, depending on what they've chosen in the admin panel.

    Also in the previous versions of the game, if an officer started spectating, or an NCO for that matter. The player would still be occupying the officer slot while spectating, so even though the officer was dead, no other player would be allowed to spawn as an officer of that regiment. That has also now been changed. When you press F9 you will now give up your current class and when you then exit the free flight camera, you will be brought back to the class selection screen where you can pick the class you had before if it in the meantime havent been taken by another player.

    Poorlaggedman also helped us identify an issue where if you were spectating on a server and you then left the server while still being in the spectator camera, then when you joined a new server, your camera would be stuck underneath the ground, basically ingame coordinate (0, 0, 0). Pressing Deploy and having the counter reach 0 would do nothing, though it is very possible that for other players, you would actually be spawning, your camera just didnt move to your player, forcing you to restart the game. That is now fixed.

  9. #1829

  10. #1830
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Yesterday we pushed an update which should fix the spawning issues people had been experiencing. In a few minutes we will also be releasing another small update which will add (Spectating) in front of their name regardless of what status they have. What then happens for admins is that their name simply will be red or black, depending on what they've chosen in the admin panel.

    Also in the previous versions of the game, if an officer started spectating, or an NCO for that matter. The player would still be occupying the officer slot while spectating, so even though the officer was dead, no other player would be allowed to spawn as an officer of that regiment. That has also now been changed. When you press F9 you will now give up your current class and when you then exit the free flight camera, you will be brought back to the class selection screen where you can pick the class you had before if it in the meantime havent been taken by another player.

    Poorlaggedman also helped us identify an issue where if you were spectating on a server and you then left the server while still being in the spectator camera, then when you joined a new server, your camera would be stuck underneath the ground, basically ingame coordinate (0, 0, 0). Pressing Deploy and having the counter reach 0 would do nothing, though it is very possible that for other players, you would actually be spawning, your camera just didnt move to your player, forcing you to restart the game. That is now fixed.
    Outstanding! Thanks Fancy for closing the loopholes on spectating!!!

    Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade Commanding Officer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •