Page 73 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Glad you're enjoying a somewhat more urban fighting space because there's plenty of that coming.

- Trusty
    Bring it on!!!!

USA Major

Nice! This sounds good. Will there be a "max player stress test" some time in the nearer future?

any ETA on in-game names, so we don't have to constantly switch our Steam names? It's litterly the only thing holding me back atm, i really don't want to be bothered to switch my steam name into my regiment name and so forth

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
    any ETA on in-game names, so we don't have to constantly switch our Steam names? It's litterly the only thing holding me back atm, i really don't want to be bothered to switch my steam name into my regiment name and so forth
    My guess is when they integrate the company tool into the game.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

That functionality is not built yet. It requires a bit of work as, technically speaking, you're playing on the map Antietam (or the drill camp map) always. But yes, tracking active skirmish areas and displaying it in the browser (gives us the ability to have the correct loading screen for the different areas also) is planned.

- Trusty
    Could the loading map screen display the map with its title in text plz?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Could the loading map screen display the map with its title in text plz?
    Not until the system mentioned above is in place.

- Trusty

September 17th - Update 72 (released)

- Added a new spawn system eliminating the long lasting issue with spawning inside eachother and thus getting stuck.
    - Minor updates to Sherrick & Otto farm area.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

- Added a new spawn system eliminating the long lasting issue with spawning inside eachother and thus getting stuck.

- Trusty
    Sweet Sweet victory
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

- Trusty
    Glory glory!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

September 20th - Update 73 (released)

- Added first version of a directional based melee system. When attacking you will always hit the center of where ever your view is pointed at, making it possible to aim your hits.
    - Changed bayonet & sword stabs required to kill someone from 1 to 2 in order to bring the non vital areas being hit into the damage equation. It is the plan to replace this with a hitbox damage system that will determine whether the player requires 1 or 2 hits to take down (for instance torso, head = 1 hit to kill, legs, arms = 2 hits to kill) and thus bring in a higher amount of player skill to melee as well as a higher degree of uncertainty as to the outcome of the fight.
    - Added screen effects when the player gets hit by the bayonet or hit by a rifle swing. Additional sounds for the effects will be added in a future update.
    - When the player gets hit by a rifle swing, the amount of available stamina gets somewhat capped. When stabbed by the bayonet, the amount of available stamina gets severely limited.
    - While in melee mode with a bayonet attached, if the player starts aiming and left clicks just before being fully aimed, the player will no longer unintentionally thrust with the bayonet.
    - The player can now only move at the quicktime speed while thrusting the bayonet or swinging the rifle.
    - When reload or fix/unfix bayonet is cancelled, the player can immediately start moving, without having to wait for the soldier to shoulder arms.
    - The soldier no longer pulls the rifle up to the chest when double quicking in melee mode. While in melee mode with a bayonet attached, the bayonet is always pointing forwards.
    - Added a new sprint animation for the officer when wielding the sword, when not in melee mode.
    - Fixed an animation glitch when reloading a long arm rifle while kneeled, the rifle would spin 360 degrees. The fix will soon be applied to short arms as well.
    - Added footstep sounds when double quicking with a sword.
    - Possible fix for a potential crash when joining a server.
    - All screen effects and stamina related sounds now resets when respawning or a new skirmish area starts.

Known issues

- It is still not possible to melee attack through the gaps in a fence.