Page 93 of 189 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Its a great addition for Youtubers and for marketing..... but for gameplay hmmmm.

Sorry to be a cynic... but doesnt this Spec-Cam allow exploitable enemy scouting!?!
    Indeed it does!

So does using teamspeak and having a friend on the other side though.

The pros far outweigh the cons. If they didn't it wouldn't be an industry standard to have at least some sort of spectating ability.

That being said, in time there will probably be limits as to numbers that are able to use it as well as show who's currently using it.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    That being said, in time there will probably be limits as to numbers that are able to use it as well as show who's currently using it.
    - Trusty
    Good idea !
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

Indeed it does!

So does using teamspeak and having a friend on the other side though.

The pros far outweigh the cons. If they didn't it wouldn't be an industry standard to have at least some sort of spectating ability.

- Trusty
    hmmm

The Pros are what.....best for the player or for marketing the game? Does it improve gameplay?

As for industry standard, standard for what, a standard FPS? Is WoRs a standard FPS?

I've not tested the Patch, can you toggle this function server side?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

hmmm

The Pros are what.....best for the player or for marketing the game? Does it improve gameplay?

As for industry standard, standard for what, a standard FPS? Is WoRs a standard FPS?

I've not tested the Patch, can you toggle this function server side?
    WoR is better marketed from a first person view so it surely isn't for that (we've done various tests of the two).

And no, not a standard FPS - pretty much every competitive online game out there has it.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

WoR is better marketed from a first person view so it surely isn't for that (we've done various tests of the two).

- Trusty
    So who's the Spec cam for, a handful of Youtubers then?

I'm disappointed in reality, this spectator view should be way down your list of priorities in my opinion. Myself and others are still suffering from instability, in-game crashes and freezes, and you dedicate dev time to a Spec cam. Only a few weeks ago I sent in 6+ reports and still despite this patch, crashing.

And no, not a standard FPS - pretty much every competitive online game out there has it.
    So is WoR like every other competitive FPS now then, whats next dropped buffs, medals and shoulder mounted gatling guns?
    4th Texas 'C' Company

So who's the Spec cam for, a handful of Youtubers then?

I'm disappointed in reality, this spectator view should be way down your list of priorities in my opinion. Myself and others are still suffering from instability, in-game crashes and freezes, and you dedicate dev time to a Spec cam. Only a few weeks ago I sent in 6+ reports and still despite this patch, crashing.

So is WoR like every other competitive FPS now then, whats next dropped buffs, medals and shoulder mounted gatling guns?

Please refer to our George’s Corner videos and you will find that the WoR cam is no new thing.

Sorry you’re disappointed in us.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Please refer to our George’s Corner videos and you will find that the WoR cam is no new thing.

Sorry you’re disappointed in us.

- Trusty
    Its not important whether Spec cam is new or old feature, for me its a case of priorities..... a cam are way down the list, especially when the game is unstable.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Its not important whether Spec cam is new or old feature, for me its a case of priorities..... a cam are way down the list, especially when the game is unstable.
    WoR is entirely crowdfunded.

You simply can’t focus on only fixing bugs and expect to be able to keep the project going.

We would have been forced to release on early access a long time ago had we gone with that approach.

Also many of the bugs require playtesting to find and fix. Without new stuff released there will be very limited playtesting.

It’s a delicate balance between the two. Can’t just go for one or the other.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Its been a month since my numerous reports went in. I just this second fired up the game to playtest the Cam. Guess what, I got a CTD and then on restarting a Regiment selection screen freeze.

I cannot get excited by these bells and whistles, when the game is in its current state. The people who crowdfund surely want a running game over a spectator cam any day.

For what its worth Report sent.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

Its been a month since my numerous reports went in. I just this second fired up the game to playtest the Cam. Guess what, I got a CTD and then on restarting a Regiment selection screen freeze.

I cannot get excited by these bells and whistles, when the game is in its current state. The people who crowdfund surely want a running game over a spectator cam any day.

For what its worth Report sent.
    I'm not pretending the game is running as stable as we want it (if it was we'd not be in alpha anymore). I'm merely trying to point out that new content and fixes have to go hand in hand.

We spent more than a month upgrading to CE 5.4 in order to fix a lot of the stability issues (patch was deployed just two weeks ago) so it is certainly not like we're not working on making the game more stable.

Thank you for the sending the error reports - please keep it up. They do help us.

- Trusty