Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the forum!

How do I start making threads? Have some suggestions regarding artillery, but I can't find any button to start the thread.
    4th New Jersey Volunteer.

Hi to everybody.

Welcome to the forum!

Clear as newbie i want at least (first) test the functionability of the forum and second write the word ''HELLO'' (in capital letters)

It is my first post here and must confess still not really tried to play (ok bought the game yesterday) only tested on an empty server if my PC is able to compute the ''programm'' (i think 'it' will do it!).

Finally i feel a little bit (also it is far time ago) like my first steps 2001 in the old game ww2ol, no singleplayertutorial, only get in and try... but it is not a bad feeling, perhaps unused.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Notker View Post
    Clear as newbie i want at least (first) test the functionability of the forum and second write the word ''HELLO'' (in capital letters)

It is my first post here and must confess still not really tried to play (ok bought the game yesterday) only tested on an empty server if my PC is able to compute the ''programm'' (i think 'it' will do it!).

Finally i feel a little bit (also it is far time ago) like my first steps 2001 in the old game ww2ol, no singleplayertutorial, only get in and try... but it is not a bad feeling, perhaps unused.
    string welcomeMessage = Hello Notker. Wlecome to War of Rights and the Forum. Greetings to my more or less neighbor. Best wishes from Freiburg!

return welcomeMessage;

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Notker View Post

There is a tutorial option on the game menu now that brings you to a video done by a member of the 9th NY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dpHW3tFCXc

Welcome!

Thanks a lot for the welcome. I hope i have really enough time for some playing/gametesting, but sure i will 'support' at least in a moralic way the simgame!
    The topic and gameplaystyle is most interesting.
    So i dont need only remember the movies Gods & Generals or Gettysburg (ok Gettysburg is a bit later in the timeline)

Hello,

My name is Old Jack, I joined the forum some days ago, roughly a week after buying the game and playing 13 hours or so. I had the chance to play a game with Bradley, during which we manned a cannon with him and a good friend of mine I convinced to buy the game. I'm 35, from Brussels (Belgium) and US history/passion is a lifelong passion ever since American cousins came to visit when I was 6:-)

I'm looking forward to playing serious games (like drills, even if that means we don't fire a single shot) and I don't mind walking for 30 minutes to a battlefield and getting killed without firing a single shot (that was unfortunately a possible outcome for an unfortunate soldier). War of Right deserves all my respect for being a simulation for virtual reenactors, and not just another game for trigger happy fraggers. That's why I'd like to seize the opportunity to thank the devs, the researcher and the entire team for putting this ambitious project together. You guys are my heroes!
    Last edited by OldJack; 12-10-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldJack View Post
    Hello,

My name is Old Jack, I joined the forum some days ago, roughly a week after buying the game and playing 100 hours or so. I had the chance to play a game with Bradley, during which we manned a cannon with him and a good friend of mine I convinced to buy the game. I'm 35, from Brussels (Belgium) and US history/passion is a lifelong passion ever since American cousins came to visit when I was 6:-)

I'm looking forward to playing serious games (like drills, even if that means we don't fire a single shot) and I don't mind walking for 30 minutes to a battlefield and getting killed without firing a single shot (that was unfortunately a possible outcome for an unfortunate soldier). War of Right deserves all my respect for being a simulation for virtual reenactors, and not just another game for trigger happy fraggers. That's why I'd like to seize the opportunity to thank the devs, the researcher and the entire team for putting this ambitious project together. You guys are my heroes!
    Welcome to the forums! Always glad to get more players like yourself into the community.