Page 62 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    My name is Tony Lee from Memphis Tennessee. I tried to join up today and they told me to go home because I was too old,dang it 75 ain't too old to fight for Life, Liberty and your Happiness, it's my right.

Broken Hearted
    T. Lee
    Just as younger ones lied about being older so can older guys lie that they are younger. We have two members in our midst that are 70+ in age .
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

I can seem to figure out to start a thread, so I supposed I can post here.
    I noticed people are playing the game. I supposed if I look I can discover how you play it. Outside of rise of flight, I have never played this type of game before. Do you use a "stick" to move around or mouse or both?

I noticed that most of the companies are foot infantry or dismounted units. Does this mean, this is the only branch you can play? If yes, does the developers have plans to add mounted and artillery units? My ancester fought for the 5th Co. Washington Artillery. His brother joined as well. We still have the badge from his uniform.

Thanks for your time,
    Pike
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I can seem to figure out to start a thread, so I supposed I can post here.
    I noticed people are playing the game. I supposed if I look I can discover how you play it. Outside of rise of flight, I have never played this type of game before. Do you use a "stick" to move around or mouse or both?

I noticed that most of the companies are foot infantry or dismounted units. Does this mean, this is the only branch you can play? If yes, does the developers have plans to add mounted and artillery units? My ancester fought for the 5th Co. Washington Artillery. His brother joined as well. We still have the badge from his uniform.

Thanks for your time,
    Pike
    You use the mouse and keyboard
    At the moment only infantry and dismounted cavalry
    Other branches are future plans for the game.

Welcome to the game and a photo of that badge would be awesome to share here with all of us interested in the history.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the badge is in the possession of the other side of the family. The old lady that owned it altered it to wear as a piece of jewelry. My father his a Civil War dealer and he was appalled she had done that.
    For those of you who do not know what I am referring to. You can see it here. You will also see the WA belt buckle and the WA wore on the kepi.
    <--PikeStance -----
    New Orleans Native, Living in Shanghai!

when will we be able to redeem are in game prizes i spent a lot of money

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gilenger View Post
    when will we be able to redeem are in game prizes i spent a lot of money
    The contribution rewards will not be available until the game is released to the general public.

CSA Captain

Hi Guys,
    Just signed up to the forum, I pledged the 2nd Lt level and have been watching the updates with a fair bit of anticipation, got to try out a few matches this morning and i'm already loving the game.

because I'm lazy i'll ask how one redeems the forum avatar stuff from the pledge? it wasn't in the FAQ thread.
    Any tips on getting better with the rifle-muskets? I've been a part of the ACWS but as Cannon crew so didn't get to shoot the rifles very often.
    thanks!
    Melonfish

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Just signed up to the forum, I pledged the 2nd Lt level and have been watching the updates with a fair bit of anticipation, got to try out a few matches this morning and i'm already loving the game.

because I'm lazy i'll ask how one redeems the forum avatar stuff from the pledge? it wasn't in the FAQ thread.
    Any tips on getting better with the rifle-muskets? I've been a part of the ACWS but as Cannon crew so didn't get to shoot the rifles very often.
    thanks!
    Melonfish
    Go to this link. https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding_RequestLogin
    Put in email then check you email for the link to manage pledge. Once you click the link it will open a page and you will see an option to change forum badges. You will also have to link your forum account by putting in your info. Can take hours for you bage to change. Welcome to the battlefield soldier!

CSA Captain

That was surprisingly easy, thank you

CSA Major

Just wanted to say Hello. Hello, I am new here and work tons in real life so don't know how much time I will get in but this looks great and hope to enjoy time in with everyone.