Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melee

Melee

How will melee work? Will it be like NW or something new?

I don't think they would want to do something NW style as people are starting to get tired of it. I am hoping they introduce new attack directions though.

I'm too curious, I hope it will be similar to NW.

I imagine a similar system but with the following additions:

The battle cry when we go into charge mode.
    While you are in charge can sustain non-fatal injuries (es. banzai charge in Ro2).
    Bonus Officer, melee combat more effective when we are close to an officer.
    Last edited by MrSpada; 07-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I really hope it's nothing like M&B's melee system, Multiplayer melee always felt annoying with people spamming the swings or just spinning around and one shotting you with an thrown weapon. But I doubt it's going to be near M&B's combat anyways, and because it's their game and they can do whatever they want with the design of it plus I don't think it would well suit the "Realism" aspect in the game since in M&B you could jump and swing *Annoying as fuck when your cav*. But they definitely will make sure the melee isn't clunky and hopefully not too annoying!

*And yes Mount and Blade Warband was the "M&B" I'm referring to*

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I don't know. Can anyone else think of any ways that they could handle blocking? Directional combat is really the only way they could handle it. Anything less than that wouldn't be competitive and would either be too hard or too easy. Melee in general will probably be difficult because of being locked into first person, but it WILL be exciting. Thoughts devs?

Quote Originally Posted by MadManYo View Post
    How will melee work? Will it be like NW or something new?
    NW more like Mount and Blade. There's only so much you can do with a bayonet, it's pretty much a spear. I'd like to see maybe 2 down attacks, 1 up and left and right attack, would be hard to learn but always fun.

I'm hoping it would be somewhat more realistic than the one in NW, because in NW, they bayonet goes straight trough the enemy, as if he was made of butter. I am hoping to see, here, maybe a stab and then the bayonet would get stuck, and you would have to press a key to pull it out of your opponets body. And combat bonus when near an Officer is a great idea.

I think an Chivalry standpoint for the melee would fit nicely for the realism from the attack standpoint but the blocking in Chivalry with daggers blocking huge 2 handed swords no just no... But the attacks in Chivlary feel like they have some real weight to them and it's really satisfying hearing that grunt of frustration as your guy dismembers an enemy (Or teammate if your into that sort of thing...). But M&B's melee feels really empty, it's just your guy spamming an sword into an enemy. Red Orchestra 2's melee system will work as well since it still feels horrendous or hilarious when you charge at an enemy with your bayonet or just going to beach slap them with the butt of your stock even though it's just an run and either let go of the Middle mouse button you were holding down or just click it and watch your guy poke the enemy...

Still it's their game and I heave no contrul ove arrr it leek i heve nu contral ovar interweb slang or doughz racist comments tat always appear in youtube

Bey blade every1 piece outback-FalloutDud3 2014#

I would recommend looking into something like Kingdom Come: Deliverance which has quite a cool idea for melee.

A simplified Chivalry system will be good indeed, there is no need for a too sofisticated melee system since the game is clearly shooting-based