Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 155th Battle of Bull Run - Cedar Creek

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot98 View Post
    Leaving tomorrow for Virginia, going to bring the fight to their motherland!*refers to the rebel scums*
    Well Patriots Just remember the Union lost Bull Run Twice though cedar creek was a costly victory for the north. Have Fun and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DomDowg View Post
    Well Patriots Just remember the Union lost Bull Run Twice though cedar creek was a costly victory for the north. Have Fun and stay safe.
    Lol. Just came back yea it was fun, probably one of my favorite event so far.
    @union_cannoneer Sadly I didn't see you, I couldn't participate in today's battle, I could only do yesterday's battle since I forgot to clean my rifle lol. But that was fun.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriot98 View Post
    Lol. Just came back yea it was fun, probably one of my favorite event so far.
    @union_cannoneer Sadly I didn't see you, I couldn't participate in today's battle, I could only do yesterday's battle since I forgot to clean my rifle lol. But that was fun.
    We were so far away from you boys on Saturday! Sometimes it felt like we were just making noise and shooting at nothing. (Wait... that's kind of what we do most of the time anyway, haha.) What's your unit? I see that your location is listed as Pennsylvania, so were you with a PA unit?

Sorry you missed the Sunday battle. Things got pretty heated there -- literally and figuratively -- as we were reenacting the action at Henry House Hill. Our gun crew only joined in the middle because we were one of two guns being pulled by horses. We were separated from the rest of the Union artillery in an attempt to provide enfilade fire against the enemy... needless to say, it didn't work. The Rebels (33rd VA, I believe) overran us pretty early on, so we either died or grabbed our implements and ran away, but then the Zouaves came to our rescue until we got overrun again by Rebel cavalry. We had to crouch inside the wheels of our gun so as not to be trampled in the cavalry madness around us.

Quote Originally Posted by union_cannoneer View Post
    We were so far away from you boys on Saturday! Sometimes it felt like we were just making noise and shooting at nothing. (Wait... that's kind of what we do most of the time anyway, haha.) What's your unit? I see that your location is listed as Pennsylvania, so were you with a PA unit?

Sorry you missed the Sunday battle. Things got pretty heated there -- literally and figuratively -- as we were reenacting the action at Henry House Hill. Our gun crew only joined in the middle because we were one of two guns being pulled by horses. We were separated from the rest of the Union artillery in an attempt to provide enfilade fire against the enemy... needless to say, it didn't work. The Rebels (33rd VA, I believe) overran us pretty early on, so we either died or grabbed our implements and ran away, but then the Zouaves came to our rescue until we got overrun again by Rebel cavalry. We had to crouch inside the wheels of our gun so as not to be trampled in the cavalry madness around us.
    I was watching the Sunday battle with my friend for like 20 minutes, I remember seeing on the far right near the sutlers, where we were standing, two late artillery being pulled down to the battlefield near the other artillery. I had to go back to our tent and pack together, so couldn't watch the whole battle. I left when our boys took over the hill from the rebels, in the glorious moment, rather than seeing our men being routed lol. I enjoyed the Saturday's battle, You guys were behind the white house, on the left correct? I remember seeing you guys, we were on the right side of the creek just blasting powder at the rebels. I personally shot like 39 rounds out of 40 that day lol. I died in the blaze of glory when we were charging the other side of the creek, up on the hill. Yes I was with the 71st PA, but we didn't have a lot of man, so we fell in with the 7th New Jersey / 50th PA. USV, 2nd division.