Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aiming Animation

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I don't have a zoom function in real life. Why do we need it in game?

Sorry I don't see the need.

No need to discuss this further. As I said, we'll look into tweaking various combat related issues come Skirmishes.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I don't have a zoom function in real life. Why do we need it in game?

Sorry I don't see the need.
    No no sir, I think it's more about bringing the gun closer to your face or something not zooming in with your eyes haha. I think this would be excellent on skirms

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    No no sir, I think it's more about bringing the gun closer to your face or something not zooming in with your eyes haha. I think this would be excellent on skirms
    But you can't do that irl either lol. You can only bring it so close to your face.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    But you can't do that irl either lol. You can only bring it so close to your face.
    I agree with you and AP, I dont see the need for zoom.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I think people might start changing their minds when the Skirmishes phase begins.

I've been firing at people on the firing and range and it is genuinely quite hard to see and get a bead on people if you run to the opposite side and try to Shoot them.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    I think people might start changing their minds when the Skirmishes phase begins.

I've been firing at people on the firing and range and it is genuinely quite hard to see and get a bead on people if you run to the opposite side and try to Shoot them.
    At least that's realistic. These rifles can reach far ranges but the sights were horrid and hard to use, personally I think it's a good thing because it will require players to come in close if the wan't to be effective or get good with the sights to be able to shoot at farther ranges.

My Revolver has those old basic iron-sights like you see in-game and it is hard to hit even close range targets with it.

Personally I think the weapon sway in-game is more of a problem than the sights are, it sways a little too much imo, I have firearms that weigh just as much as those rifles and I don't sway as much.
    I think if they decreased the sway just a little then it might improve players accuracy (not sure if this is the case as I haven't played yet) Just some ideas
    Last edited by Legion; 06-14-2016 at 12:08 PM.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I like the sway because it forces people to choose either ROF or Accuracy (which i'm assuming is their intent).

Look at RO2 as an example, even with reasonably heavy sway it's still easy to hit people at range even when standing.

I wouldn't mind some kind of multi tiered sighting system, like:

HsK3mSE.jpg

this being the first stage (zoomed out quick fire) More sway but the Gun is brought to ready position far more quickly.

the second being the way it's currently implemented (closer to the face) with the ability to Zoom in briefly.

I think Iron sight zoom is needed in Games like this that take place over such large areas.
    Last edited by R21; 06-14-2016 at 03:26 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    I like the sway because it forces people to choose either ROF or Accuracy (which i'm assuming is their intent).

Look at RO2 as an example, even with reasonably heavy sway it's still easy to hit people at range even when standing.

I wouldn't mind some kind of multi tiered sighting system, like:

HsK3mSE.jpg

this being the first stage (zoomed out quick fire) More sway but the Gun is brought to ready position far more quickly.

the second being the way it's currently implemented (closer to the face) with the ability to Zoom in briefly.

I think Iron sight zoom is needed in Games like this that take place over such large areas.
    I'd rather they keep it realistic.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Realism translated into Games isn't a 1:1 equation.

Like you've pointed out sway is over the top, but this achieves a realistic result.