Thread: Hardee's Military and Infantry Tactics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hardee's Military and Infantry Tactics

I was wondering if I could be of assistance in any way with the progress of this game. I am a Civil War Re-enactor and have been one for ten years with the First Nebraska Volunteer Infantry, I am well versed in the drills and formation employed during the war, and I have a book about infantry drill and tactics written by William J. Hardee, who may very well have defined the tactics and organization of the American Civil War. The book covers everything from parade drills to formation, marching order, musketry, and placement. If you guys would like someone to help in this aspect I would be more than glad to render my aide, this is a game I want to get behind and if permitted help it to be the most accurate game it can be.

Sincerely,
    Joseph Martin Acamo
    aka. Sergeant David Wilcox

Hello David,

Thank you for your interest in War of Rights. We already have a few civil war buffs in our team and because of this, we don't really feel the need to expand in that area as it is. Rest assured though, Hardee's book is already being used and will continue to do so for the remainder of the development of War of Rights.

- Trusty

Hello there Sergeant,

Indeed, we are very committed to the addition of period tactics and the manual of arms featured in drill manuals like Hardee's, Casey's, and Gilhems'. Believe me when I say I am more than looking forward to seeing regimental, brigade, or even divisional movements of men in-game!