Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

USA General of the Army

Gun Control

Seems you guys like to discuss gun control quite heavily so I'm giving you a thread to do it on.

Keep in mind I will be keeping a very close eye on this thread in terms of keeping things civil. If some members won't have a civil discussion then they will simply not be permitted to partake on this thread.

Have fun and once again, keep it civil.

CSA Captain

That's like putting a sheep in a pen with 50 hungry wolves and telling the wolves that the sheep is an animal too and they should respect it. Good luck o7
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA 1st Lieutenant

Mi'kmaq would have loved this thread to ramble on

British gun laws are the way to go

obviously laws by each state won't work because people can just walk into the next state buy a gun and walk back, so don't use states with higher gun control but higher gun crime as an example for why gun control doesn't work.
    Last edited by BloodBeag; 06-17-2016 at 10:04 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    British gun laws are the way to go
    No.
    Thankfully the US government doesn't have the authority to make the gun laws like that and if they ever tried I would hope the American people would be sensible enough to stop it.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Lieutenant General

ISIS attack in France: 130 dead
    ISIS attack in California: 16 dead
    ISIS attack in Texas: only 2 dead. The gunman themselves.

I'm a Texas Guardsman, I have patrolled the border. The threat is real, the enemy is real, the need for modern firearms is real.
    Yes guns have become better. Technology kind of does that overtime. The geezers who wrote our Amendments weren't so dumb that they'd believe technology would stand still.
    Heck they allowed civilians to own cannons. Cannons were the most powerful weapons in those days and more civilians owned them then the government.
    MSR-Rectangle3.jpg

USA Sergeant

Florida: 50 including the gunman... or do gays not count?

Accidental death to firearms a year: around 600
    Last edited by thomas aagaard; 06-17-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by thomas aagaard View Post
    Florida: 50 including the gunman... or do gays not count?

Accidental death to firearms a year: around 600
    600 is a pretty small number considering America has the 3rd largest population in the world.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    So let's see ...
    You want to play a game that features guns, (lots of 'em,) and killing, and cannons and killing and ... and ... and ....

And you want to talk about gun control?

What's wrong with this picture?

USA General of the Army

A nation who is a good example of gun control done right is Switzerland.

Switzerland has relatively lenient gun control laws due to the nature of the Swiss military. Vast majority of men between 20 - 34 are conscripted and as a result often receive full fair arms training to military standards. The Swiss military is also backed by legally formed militias meaning people are even better trained. Hell Swiss gun culture could be called stronger than America's. In terms of what you can buy they do have to keep to EU gun control requirements so privately owned automatic weapons are banned. Instead fire arms have to be made semi-auto if they want them.

Of the 170 - 180 homicides in Switzerland in 2014 only about 18 - 20 involved a fire arm. Instead of saying but that's like 10% well it is but that's just manipulating the data to your taste which never looks good. This is of a population of 8.081 million.

As an example of gun control done right in Europe without going "Take all the guns" they're one of the best we go. I'm not against the 2nd Amendment, you can have your guns, it's what makes America America. What does need to happen I feel is that they need to be better laws in place to maybe make obtaining a fire arm a far more regulated system instead of the multitude of state gun laws that currently exist. A more formatted system might help reduce the odds of fire arms ending up in the wrong hands.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    So let's see ...
    You want to play a game that features guns, (lots of 'em,) and killing, and cannons and killing and ... and ... and ....

And you want to talk about gun control?

What's wrong with this picture?
    I mean clicking my mouse and destroying some pixels on a screen is just a little different than pulling the trigger and ending someones life dont ya think.