Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    The Swiss military is also backed by legally formed militias
    So somehow the countless US militias are illegal?
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    So somehow the countless US militias are illegal?
    Some are and some are not, that's my point, they're not all legal are they. I'm glad that's the only thing you bothered to pick up though...

CSA Captain

I would rather have the price of a few thousand firearm related deaths a year (be it homicide, suicide, or anything in between) than have no option of being able to defend myself and other civilians from the military/government be it domestic or foreign. My family has been the victim of gun violence, and accidents from firearms both, so I can say from looking at both perspectives that I feel firearms of any make or model should be made available to law-abiding citizens. The only say the government should have in this matter is the definition of what a law-abiding citizen is.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Some are and some are not, that's my point, they're not all legal are they. I'm glad that's the only thing you bothered to pick up though...
    Only reason I pointed it out is because you took the time to underline it. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that some militias are illegal, I could form a militia right now and it would be perfectly legal.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSoldier View Post
    I would rather have the price of a few thousand firearm related deaths a year (be it homicide, suicide, or anything in between) than have no option of being able to defend myself and other civilians from the military/government be it domestic or foreign. My family has been the victim of gun violence, and accidents from firearms both, so I can say from looking at both perspectives that I feel firearms of any make or model should be made available to law-abiding citizens. The only say the government should have in this matter is the definition of what a law-abiding citizen is.
    Owning a gun for home defense is fine, i just see no reason why anyone would need anything more than a handgun to protect their home.

USA Brigadier General

As an example of gun control done right in Europe without going "Take all the guns" they're one of the best we go. I'm not against the 2nd Amendment, you can have your guns, it's what makes America America. What does need to happen I feel is that they need to be better laws in place to maybe make obtaining a fire arm a far more regulated system instead of the multitude of state gun laws that currently exist. A more formatted system might help reduce the odds of fire arms ending up in the wrong hands.
    Couldn't have said it better.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Fisterbottom View Post
    Owning a gun for home defense is fine, i just see no reason why anyone would need anything more than a handgun to protect their home.
    Does there have to be a reason though? That's the part I don't understand, why does everyone say there needs to be a reason to own bigger firearms?

USA Brigadier General

Who needs firearms! Give them a slash or two with your longswords; look them in the eye before you kill them.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Johann Günderson View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Thank you, I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Does there have to be a reason though? That's the part I don't understand, why does everyone say there needs to be a reason to own bigger firearms?
    I like having a big gun and I enjoy going out to the range with my friends to fire them because it's fun. That's reason enough to me for owning a bigger gun.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Johann Günderson View Post
    Who needs firearms! Give them a slash or two with your longswords; look them in the eye before you kill them.
    But shooting them is much more efficient, and I could look them in the eyes from a distance.