Thread: Rifle through the head

CSA Lieutenant General

Rifle through the head

I call this one....Muzzle Head (in case you couldn't tell by the name, that's Kyle)

Kyle-MuzzleHead.jpg

I have a question about whether the difference in resolution used in-game is going to have an affect on whether people with lower res will actually be more effective if trying to see through foliage?

For example, I have attached 4 pictures from left to right. They go from low to the next higher res, through insane. I feel like the higher the res the more foliage (which duh, makes sense). So, notice the lack of foliage on the the trees in the low res, and how full the trees are in the insane (an other res'). Will this mean that lower res players will see more "stuff" through the trees (i.e. a regiment approaching through the trees is more visible to a player using low res, then any of the other res')
    1LowRes.jpg 2MedRes.jpg 3HighRes.jpg 4InsaneRes.jpg

The foliage is most noticeable on the far left and right of each photo. Click through all four photos so they have time to load, and then go back through them quicker.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by dmurray6; 06-18-2016 at 04:10 AM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

By resolution I take it you mean different graphical quality levels (low, medium, high) and not screen resolution.

There is always going to be some difference. There's simply no way around it if we want lower end machines to be able to run the game also. So yes, if you want a slight advantage you should go with the lower graphical settings - but then again, lower graphical settings tends to somewhat muddy the overall picture (worse or no anti aliasing, etc) so I guess it could be argued that there are negative side effects of it as well (apart from the obvious one which is that the game looks a whole lot worse).

Frankly, I've never understood the gamers willing to sacrifice graphics for a bit of an advantage in the first place. To me, the graphical presentation is more important than what is gained in terms of an advantage - I need good graphics to feel immersed and there's no fun in playing a game you're not immersed in. Then again, I am a graphical artist so I guess that isn't a surprise I feel that way.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant General

You were correct in the fact that I mistakenly said resolution instead of graphics qualities. And I wholeheartedly agree, I would not sacrifice the graphics in the interest of gaining an advantage. So it's basically just something we hope people won't do, but will still have to tolerate if it does happen. Not that we'd ever really know they're doing it.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Captain

trusty i know where u are coming from but for all of my games that i play i run on the lowest possible settings but one that i dont and its on higher settings. i dont run on the min settings for an advantage i do it so my pc will run better and hopefully last longer. i should know ive fried at total of 3 pc due to the battlefield franchise one tower and 2 gaming laptops and looking at getting this one also fried

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.A. Sniper43 View Post
    trusty i know where u are coming from but for all of my games that i play i run on the lowest possible settings but one that i dont and its on higher settings. i dont run on the min settings for an advantage i do it so my pc will run better and hopefully last longer. i should know ive fried at total of 3 pc due to the battlefield franchise one tower and 2 gaming laptops and looking at getting this one also fried
    HuH?