Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farb control, fellow reenactors please join in

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    As far as I game tactics go for a non hardcore/virtual reenactment group it is good to understand the tactics and historically accurate commands, however, many players don't have the time or patience to drill to the point that using those commands are a viable option. Better to follow the rule of KISS, it will make things easier as a commander and a soldier in the line.
    Drill takes time to learn but the guys that have the willpower to be patient and keep training over and over and over will be the ones that come out on top being the better unit regardless .

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Drill takes time to learn but the guys that have the willpower to be patient and keep training over and over and over will be the ones that come out on top being the better unit regardless .
    This is true but it could be difficult for the larger regiments to uniformly get the training in. Also, and I would like a dev to chime in on this, a guarantee that a authentic line battle system would be enforced on servers would be great. All of this training will be worthless if everyone resorts to using a single rank running around the field ala N&S. The battles will take more time and the general pace will be much slower than what is currently experienced in N&S but I think the teamwork and overall experience will more than make up for it.

Texans Always Move Them

USA Captain

Being a WWII reenactor, all I know is how to line up and show the host that you're firing blanks (and some fire and movement drills). I'm good at watching and learning, though and I assume that the game mechanics will be simple enough during development that it won't be too hard to get down the basic commands.
    Private Aidan James Welton-Drake
    82nd Airborne Division
    505th Infantry Regiment
    1st Battalion
    Company G
    Historical Forces Association of California (HFA)

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    This is true but it could be difficult for the larger regiments to uniformly get the training in. Also, and I would like a dev to chime in on this, a guarantee that a authentic line battle system would be enforced on servers would be great. All of this training will be worthless if everyone resorts to using a single rank running around the field ala N&S. The battles will take more time and the general pace will be much slower than what is currently experienced in N&S but I think the teamwork and overall experience will more than make up for it.

I'm with u on that 1 rank lb would be boreing for WoR it's to have a authentic line battle system that all need to learn how to fallow WoR is ment recreate battles from a game standpoint realistic battles at that. If WoR would ever end up being all 1 rank events it would just be like N&S events with better graphics. But knowing alot of you will want the realism events for all of u who do thanks.
    Last edited by RhettVito; 07-14-2016 at 07:41 PM.

CSA Captain

hahaha Nice forage cap. I am still trying to figure out what side they are on. Must be Union since that one in the middle looks so well fed.