Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What It's Like to be Shelled by Civil War Artillery (Video)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can't wait to play this. I've been stalking the forum now for a few days and I've decided to buy in as a Captain maybe.. Lt. Colonel, for the time being at least, is too rich for my blood. It think I would enjoy artillery. Does anyone know if they will have bugle calls and in game? What about Signal flags? I know that both were vital for arty battalions and batteries.

USA Captain

Man imagine that, marching along an open field while a battery of cannons just smashes you into oblivion. Can't run away because there's a corporal with a pistol pointed at your back. All ya do is pray that they don't aim at you. See a cannonball take off your buddy's head and then plow through three others. Watch an exploding shell from a Parrott Gun suddenly vaporize 12 men. Hear the buzzing sound of Canister shot rip apart another 24 as you get closer. Jesus Christ, if your not dead by the end of that, you have the worst PTSD case in US history.

Nice video and funny as well. I had a great smile while watching it showing that we have come a long way. Lol!

USA General of the Army

I found this video earlier.