Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-game Company System

USA Captain

In-game Company System

It was said before that there would be an in-game company system and that all current reservations on the forums don't actually matter, as companies would be reserved based on a first come first serve registration system within the actual game. Is this still true, or is it actually important to reserve a name on the forums?
    Last edited by Dingle; 07-26-2016 at 06:17 PM.

CSA Captain

I want to know this to because I see alot of drama happening with people stealing companys and then they just have an inactive company sitting there that they only took to annoy someone else.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

This is true essentially. The forum post system is just a makeshift way of announcing your intentions to form a unit under that name once the company tool is released, so it is advised that you take advantage of the forum now rather than wait and hope until the company tool is released.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    This is true essentially. The forum post system is just a makeshift way of announcing your intentions to form a unit under that name once the company tool is released, so it is advised that you take advantage of the forum now rather than wait and hope until the company tool is released.
    So everyone is on the honor system to check the forum prior to using the tool? This will get messy.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Ham View Post
    So everyone is on the honor system to check the forum prior to using the tool? This will get messy.
    +1 I couldn't agree more.
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

It is first come first serve when the company tool comes out. The forum, as I said, is just used to announce your intentions to form a unit, and to begin the recruitment process early.

However notice that its a company tool and not a regiment tool. Meaning there will be 10 or so different slots for every regiment. To reserve more than one company you will need enough men to fill both companies out. There should be plenty of openings in each leader's desired unit when the time comes.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Surely there should at least be a little moderation? For example, what if it's released and a troll just claims a company that exists on the forum and has a whole 100 men?

Honestly, I'd prefer if it was a reserve system. Way more fair and less abuseable.

At least make companies reservable for larger companies. (I.E. at least 20-40 men strong or something)

Hell, I'd probably never play this game at all if my company was stolen.
    Last edited by David Dire; 07-28-2016 at 12:47 AM.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Sergeant

Well if something does happen I guess we will just have to act like professionals and fix it in a mature, reasonable manner.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

USA Lieutenant Colonel

By what the developers are saying, it doesn't seem that's an option.

Shouldn't the company tool be controlled by, I don't know, the companies? One of the very few developers of WoR hasn't even been in a company before.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

I know a tiny bit off topic, but I have wondered ever since...

How will the company tool, as the dev just said is a REGIMENT tool, work for assigning the leader of a REGIMENT that the registred companies are in? Like if I would register company X in one of the 10 slots of Regiment Y, and 9 others would register a company.. who leads the regiment? Noone? Voting system? Company with the most registered men? Something else?