Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In-game Company System

No one I believe, it would not be good idea to have an official leader of a regiment.

First of all part of the reason that the company system was implemented was who wanted to play as one unit wouldn't be disappointed that it was already taken, now they will have 10 chances. Secondly, people would not want to 'arbitrarily' assigned a leader, for many reasons such as not liking the leader or other companies or just not wanting to be closely associated with other units.

CSA Major

There will need to be team leaders during matches though, if there isn't then it would just be company going crazy and doing their own thing. There needs to be a leader to coordinate the battle.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    By what the developers are saying, it doesn't seem that's an option.

Shouldn't the company tool be controlled by, I don't know, the companies? One of the very few developers of WoR hasn't even been in a company before.
    I don't think anyone of our devs has been in a company before (except perhaps Hinkel). We are not veterans of say, Mount & Blade, again except Hinkel. Before you all get worried about us not being veterans of games that act sort of similar to WoR with formations and all, please remember that there's actually kind of an advantage in that also. WoR didn't spring up as a replacement or knockoff of any other game similar to it. Granted, if you're after exact copies of M&B and how its community works this could be bad news for you as well.

The company tool is still very far off so there's no need in worrying about its implementation yet. For now, the company sub forum acts as our company tool.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    There will need to be team leaders during matches though, if there isn't then it would just be company going crazy and doing their own thing. There needs to be a leader to coordinate the battle.
    From my understanding they will have generals in buildings or tents using maps and giving orders to coordinate battles.

CSA Major

I am all for a kind of Squad system like in the Squad game, that actually works online. So where you take spots and the first one to take a spot becomes leader.