Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Company Video Contest

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Here is a novel idea, why don't the currently active companies work together to produce a trailer video. Working together would both produce a better quality video (larger lines, more to work with) and it could be the start of a dialogue between comapnies that otherwise would not have interaction, at least this early during development.
    This is what alot of sensible unit leaders have been suggesting to do instead from the beginning. I think that if the devs really want to show the face of the community then we should simply set a date and time, get everyone on, and demonstrate a large number of players working together and having a good time. Then, all the participating companies could get credit, even the ones who don't have alot of Captain backers with quadruple digit rigs, that way, the whole community could be promoted. Having companies make videos with three to six people in them would never be able to achieve the same amount as an organised video event with dozens of players would anyway.
    Last edited by Sir Doctor Professor; 07-27-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Doctor Professor View Post
    This is what alot of sensible unit leaders have been suggesting to do instead from the beginning. I think that if the devs really want to show the face of the community then we should simply set a date and time, get everyone on, and demonstrate a large number of players working together and having a good time. Then, all the participating companies could get credit, even the ones who don't have alot of Captain backers with quadruple digit rigs, that way, the whole community could be promoted. Having companies make videos with 2 - 4 people in them would never be able to achieve the same amount as an organised video event would anyway.
    Then let's set a date for a discussion (TS, mumble, ect) to figure out what we want to do. I'm free the rest of this week minus the weekend and all next week.

Texans Always Move Them

CSA Captain

Thursday night at 7pm EST perhaps?
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

CSA Colonel

Works for me, let's take this to PM as not to spam. This is also an open invitation to any other companies that want to take part, I will be posting another thread here shortly, please reply to that thread if you're interested in joining.

Texans Always Move Them

USA General of the Army

I work until 9pm EST the rest of this week.

I think a collaborative effort would yield much better results. Two large companies doing war games would make an amazing video, Colonel Work's 1st TX, along with the 1st NCSS, have been doing that since the CS drill camp has been released, the players like doing it and it looks amazing. I will try to make up some more videos as I have time.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Hell, even I might could make that!

Lives in the North, Supports the South. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
    A collaborative video from the community I feel would work much better then a bunch of single companies trying to get showcased. For the most part by doing this contest alone, a company really wouldn't get that much from it besides recognition. +1 to the collab idea.
    Fight With The Zouaves!

5th New York Volunteer Infantry "Duryee's Zouaves" Co A

CSA Private

And my "best looking: Looking for company thread" competition wasn't allowed due to it's competitive nature...

NOICE.

USA Captain

Collaboration sounds nice, not only to showcase the community but also to show off how amazing this game could look with a larger number of players participating in a battle. At least, that is assuming we can get more people together via a collab than any one individual company.

Edit: Although, getting the different time-zones together might be tricky, unless we do it on a weekend. 7 PM EST would be about midnight for me for example.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Hell, even I might could make that!
    even I might could make that!
    I might could make that!
    I might could
    Go home General, you're drunk