Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: Company Video Contest

  1. #11
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    I am sorry, but do you still not see that this is unfair in terms of numbers that the different companies have? As I wrote in my post, it is a good idea, but some companies have almost no people that have access to the game right now (take for example my 19th Virginia Battalion.)

    The rewards you are offering for this are enormous and will give a huge advantage to the company that wins it. As Bravescot also said, there will probably only be a small number of participants because simply companies do not have enough men in the Alpha to make a proper video.
    I don't. no. We are the ones who select which videos we'd like to feature, and I can tell you the general feeling and emotion far outweighs the number of people on screen. The rewards are not enormous and there will be more contests in the future with more rewards.

    Lastly, if you think you haven't got a chance to win a contest then why get up in arms about it? I'm not mad about not being able to win at an iceskating competition, I either don't partake or I try my best anyways.

    - Trusty

  2. #12

    CSA Major


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I don't. no. We are the ones who select which videos we'd like to feature, and I can tell you the general feeling and emotion far outweighs the number of people on screen. The rewards are not enormous and there will be more contests in the future with more rewards.

    Lastly, if you think you haven't got a chance to win a contest then why get up in arms about it? I'm not mad about not being able to win at an iceskating competition, I either don't partake or I try my best anyways.

    - Trusty
    "The best clips will be selected by Campfire Games and used in an official Company Drill Camp trailer with their company name shown in the trailer, links to recruitment pages on the forum in the video description and have some of the randomized recruitment posters featured on the sides throughout the entire War of Rights website function as links to their recruitment pages for a limited amount of time."

    Those rewards are quite "juicy" and will give companies a lot of recruits, because a lot of people will be seeing them, thus giving said companies an unfair advantage over others.

    Again, it is unfair for companies that have no men participating in the alpha at all or for companies with merely 2-3 men that have access to the alpha. You can't really make a successful drill camp video with 2-3 men, can you now?

    And to answer to your last statement, I am not personally "mad" about this because the 19th Virginia 1st Battalion does not have the opportunity to participate. The reason I do not wish for this contest to have such big rewards is because it gives some companies a huge advantage over others, which is why this contest is unfair.

  3. #13
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,857
    This was meant as a way of saying thank you to the companies being there, wanting to help others learn in-game. If you think a spotlight such as this (which I quite clearly take you're all against) only benefits the winners and featured companies, you're wrong, it benefits the entire company scene, highlighting the excellent stuff you do in-game - all of you.

    - Trusty

  4. #14

    USA General of the Army

    Oleander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    600
    I think it's safe to say that the Alpha phase is not the best time to try this. There are 944 people that have access to the game right now, the number actually playing is small, not the number of those with access to it. Regardless, it would probably be better to wait until more people become active and companies get more organized.

  5. #15

    USA Lieutenant Colonel

    David Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    680
    I forgot to include this in my original post but by the time I edited it in we were already on the next page, so just to take this chance to illiterate on it:

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Company size and fame shouldn't be a competition either. The goal of WoR was to be fun along with historically accurate, and it should stick to that.
    I really don't think it should be a competition. Such as reenacting, where it boils down to just love of history and the fun of it.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

  6. #16
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    "The best clips will be selected by Campfire Games and used in an official Company Drill Camp trailer with their company name shown in the trailer, links to recruitment pages on the forum in the video description and have some of the randomized recruitment posters featured on the sides throughout the entire War of Rights website function as links to their recruitment pages for a limited amount of time."

    Those rewards are quite "juicy" and will give companies a lot of recruits, because a lot of people will be seeing them, thus giving said companies an unfair advantage over others.

    Again, it is unfair for companies that have no men participating in the alpha at all or for companies with merely 2-3 men that have access to the alpha. You can't really make a successful drill camp video with 2-3 men, can you now?

    And to answer to your last statement, I am not personally "mad" about this because the 19th Virginia 1st Battalion does not have the opportunity to participate. The reason I do not wish for this contest to have such big rewards is because it gives some companies a huge advantage over others, which is why this contest is unfair.
    There are big rewards for winning the world championship of Golf too. Sadly I don't have the ranking nor the time to partake. That doesn't mean I call out it's unfair and should be put to an end. Instead I happily watch the brilliant plays by other golfers and enjoy the extra attention my sport is getting in the media which will result in more golfers all around the world, for all the clubs. (I don't really play golf :P )

    - Trusty

  7. #17

    CSA Major


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    There are big rewards for winning the world championship of Golf too. Sadly I don't have the ranking nor the time to partake. That doesn't mean I call out it's unfair and should be put to an end. Instead I happily watch the brilliant plays by other golfers and enjoy the extra attention my sport is getting in the media which will result in more golfers all around the world, for all the clubs. (I don't really play golf :P )

    - Trusty
    As I previously stated, I am not calling this unfair simply because my battalion is not able to participate. It is unfair for the reasons that me and others have stated, which I again repeat, due to the numbers of different companies. Some companies have more, which means they get to create bigger, and better videos, and some companies have almost none at all. Which again, is why this contest is unfair and poorly timed.

  8. #18
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    As I previously stated, I am not calling this unfair simply because my battalion is not able to participate. It is unfair for the reasons that me and others have stated, which I again repeat, due to the numbers of different companies. Some companies have more, which means they get to create bigger, and better videos, and some companies have almost none at all. Which again, is why this contest is unfair and poorly timed.
    Please reread my previous answers. Bigger does not equal better.

    - Trusty

  9. #19

    CSA Major


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Please reread my previous answers. Bigger does not equal better.

    - Trusty
    How can a 2 man line compete with something like a 5-10 man line? It can't. No matter how hard they try. It simply won't look good, and of course, it has 0 % chance of winning your contest.

  10. #20
    Would it change anything to you guys if we for now dropped the feature on the website, and only did the video?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •