Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Company Video Contest

  1. #21
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    How can a 2 man line compete with something like a 5-10 man line? It can't. No matter how hard they try. It simply won't look good, and of course, it has 0 % chance of winning your contest.
    Then don't partake if you feel that way and be glad we're highlighting the company scene bringing in more people wanting to join up. There will be plenty of other opportunities.

    - Trusty

  2. #22

    USA General of the Army

    Bravescot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire, Scotland
    Posts
    2,981
    Trusty, you line of argument is terrible. This isn't anything close to a world cup for any sports. There are ENOUGH PEOPLE that are good enough for them to battle one another to become the world champion. Right now we got the square root of bugger all to compete with one another.

    This is a terrible time for a contest like this and the reward is FAR to big for how few people are going to take part. I feel really bad for the 19th Virginia and any other company that can not partake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Would it change anything to you guys if we for now dropped the feature on the website, and only did the video?
    That would be better I think. A simple mention as to who won the contest in the video would be much better than having them decking the walls of the website. That said I still don't want this to go ahead.

  3. #23

    USA Lieutenant Colonel

    David Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    680
    Would it change anything to you guys if we for now dropped the feature on the website, and only did the video?


    I personally would like that a lot more, and could live with it, however I'd prefer this not be a thing at all.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

  4. #24
    What we basically want is some cool video material of you guys drilling

  5. #25
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,854
    I don't get why you'd rather have no presence at all, effectively hurting all of you than to have someone else win. Doesn't sound right to me.

    - Trusty

  6. #26

    USA General of the Army

    Bravescot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Perthshire, Scotland
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    What we basically want is some cool video material of you guys drilling
    Then just ask and I bet most people would fork it over by the truck load for absolutely nothing but a thank you.

  7. #27

    USA Lieutenant Colonel

    David Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    America
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    What we basically want is some cool video material of you guys drilling
    As Bravescot said, you could just ask and not put any of this competition stuff into it.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

  8. #28

    CSA Major


    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    What we basically want is some cool video material of you guys drilling
    That sounds good, you can probably mention the companies that parttaked in making the video, but again I agree with Bravescot's opinion that we should hold this contest off until we get more people. Then everyone can have an equal chance at winning this.

    I understand you guys want some material to put in your video, but don't give out such huge rewards for it. For now you can just get some big companies interested and get them to help out in making a video, give them a mention that they participated in the video itself and then hold off a competition until later.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    As Bravescot said, you could just ask and not put any of this competition stuff into it.
    ^ This.

  9. #29
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Then just ask and I bet most people would fork it over by the truck load for absolutely nothing but a thank you.
    What's wrong with a bit of help in the form of some exposure then? Unless you're all secretly at war at eachother trying to get more recruits than the other companies. Surely you want the right people joining, not just anyone for the sake of numbers.

    - Trusty

  10. #30
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    That sounds good, you can probably mention the companies that parttaked in making the video, but again I agree with Bravescot's opinion that we should hold this contest off until we get more people. Then everyone can have an equal chance at winning this.

    I understand you guys want some material to put in your video, but don't give out such huge rewards for it. For now you can just get some big companies interested and get them to help out in making a video, give them a mention that they participated in the video itself and then hold off a competition until later.



    ^ This.
    What you're suggestion is the contest just worded differently.
    And by the logic of waiting equals even chances doesn't hold up either. There will always be bigger abler companies than others out there.

    - Trusty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •