Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Company Video Contest

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by FakeMessiah27 View Post
    Coming back from a trip abroad for a few days and reading this whole thread in one go, I think there might be a bit of a misunderstanding going on.

From reading it all back to back, I don't think anybody has any problems with the contest in and of itself, it's the rewards that people find, as they say "too juicy". Ironically enough, if this contest had been announced and the reward has just been ''your name on the screen" I reckon it would have been received with 100% positivity.

Contests are made to have a winner at the end and are therefore not equal of course, it's just that in this case the rewards don't seem to be proportionate.
    I think the devs understand this to be honest and their is no misunderstanding as the case has been hammered to them for the last few pages, what it does show is:

a. flat out refusal to admit that they may have messed up

b. That they couldnt give less of a shit on what their oh so precious kickstarter backers actually think, if they did this would have been called off already/ removal such a large reward/ postponed to a later date etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    If you keep that mindset, feel free to leave the site and the game alone.
    I think this quote shows this best, that if you have a separate opinion, then you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Hawk View Post
    I think the devs understand this to be honest and their is no misunderstanding as the case has been hammered to them for the last few pages, what it does show is:

a. flat out refusal to admit that they may have messed up

b. That they couldnt give less of a shit on what their oh so precious kickstarter backers actually think, if they did this would have been called off already/ removal such a large reward/ postponed to a later date etc.

I think this quote shows this best, that if you have a separate opinion, then you are wrong.
    Yeah, we never listen to our community. What a bunch of losers, right?!

Now back to being serious, I could easily argue that we're doing what the community thinks the best. Just look at the poll regarding the video contest for instance. The majority of the community is voting for the idea there so please don't try and twist it all so it looks like it is us devs against you, the backers - that's simply not correct at all.

- Trusty

@What Da_Hawk said

Yeah, even though I personally disagree with it... That's completely absurd, and Trusty's right.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Major

How about we just make a giant video, and list every company involved at the end? It honestly doesn't matter much in my opinion, since pretty much everyone with captain or higher is in a company already, and anybody who sees the video is probably gonna forget who's mentioned by the end.
    "I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Major General John Sedgwick: His last words.

Quote Originally Posted by Henronicus View Post
    How about we just make a giant video, and list every company involved at the end? It honestly doesn't matter much in my opinion, since pretty much everyone with captain or higher is in a company already, and anybody who sees the video is probably gonna forget who's mentioned by the end.
    I believe there's already quite a few companies having gone together to create some videos.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I don't see how anyone can say that the WoR-Devs ignore or even don't care about the community. If you look at the sheer number of times they reply do different threads you would see that they are constantly looking at the forums and reading what we have to say about the game. As far as the video contest goes:

1. There was a poll put out to democratically ask the Alpha backers what they thought. Its pretty even as of now but the majority still says they want the contest.

2. They where never gonna single out just 1 Company or group. This thread (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...-Collaboration) shows that Trusty was all for a group effort to make a great community video to showcase different groups. As Trusty said its to get the best videos possible highlighting what the community can do as a WHOLE.

3. At the ended of the day its a CONTEST. If a handful of different companies that have never worked together join up to make the best damn community video possible, they should win. When the game comes out the groups that are able to put all of their bullshit aside and work together are gonna beat the guys that go it alone every day of the week. This sets up how the game itself is gonna play out by having this contest now and showing that a army that works together can beat the one that is splintered.

"Texans always move 'em"

*disclaimer*
    These are the opinions of myself and only myself and they do not directly represent all of Co.H or the rest of the 1st Texas. This statement is mine alone and should be treated as such.
    Join Today
    Click Above

CSA Captain

Is there a recommended utility/website to use to host the files?

1080p60 makes for pretty huge file sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Fisty Richards View Post
    Is there a recommended utility/website to use to host the files?

1080p60 makes for pretty huge file sizes
    http://www.filehosting.org/ or https://www.mediafire.com/

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Alright seeing as there is a lot of debate over this I'm gonna try to express my thoughts but:

1. Nobody should see this as a personal insult, I will not accuse anyone of ignorance or stupidity.

2. I really like the idea of a video contest.

As I think we all know there are a lot of people who have an issue with the size or proportion of the reward.
    I share the same opinion as a lot of people on here that the video contest is a great idea but that one of the rewards, the recruitment posters on the website, are too much and seem a bit unfair.
    So first of all I'm not against rewarding companies for their participation in the contest but I think that recruitment posters would give an unfair advantage to those companies that were able to make videos.
    I know and agree that those that have made the effort to contribute and win the contest should be rewarded.

The way I see it is that there are a lot of people who have a problem with said reward.
    Now if I'm not mistaken it wouldn't harm anyone if the "recruitment poster" reward didn't exist.
    So:

With the reward you have a number of angry/upset members.

Without the reward everybody should be content.

Ultimately I simply hope that we're going to see some amazing videos to promote the game without unnecessary complaints after the contest is finished.

(I really hope this makes sense)

------
    edit

Maybe you could, instead of putting up recruitment posters on the website, put a post on the front page of the website which says something like

COMPANY VIDEO CONTEST WINNERS

The Video

Then the names of the companies that have won (with links to their threads)

This would show visitors why these companies are being endorsed instead of making it seem like favouritism.
    Last edited by Numitor; 08-03-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

The rewards are set. The contest is live and out there and thus the specifics and rewards are not going to be altered.

I would think your idea compared to the (in the dev team's point of view) VERY harmless background posters (how many of you have actually clicked them? :P) linking to certain recruitment threads for a limited amount of time, is actually less of a promotion than what you're suggesting with a front page post.

We've noted a relatively big group of guys are upset with the rewards, but as I said, they are staying for this contest so there's really no point in discussing it any further.

- Trusty