Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Important That ALL Companies Get to See What the Devs are Doing

CSA Captain

It's Important That ALL Companies Get to See What the Devs are Doing

There is currently no rule preventing me from reposting this here so that all people, with or without the Alpha, can see it. If this is removed it's because the devs clearly don't want people to know that they're giving some companies preference over others before the game has even hit alpha [we're supposedly in the pre-alpha stage]. (There has already been enormous backlash in the Alpha forum. Take a good look at the rewards.).

Also, Bravescot has organized a mini-thread polling this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Well as you've [TrustyJam] admitted to me before, you have 0 knowledge of proper unit management and communities prior to this game so understandably you were unaware of the much darker under belly of companies. If you think that small bit of truth is bad then just wait until we start seeing drama parties start to begin between units and members.

If you're not popping back on this thread of a while then I hope you don't mind if I make a mini thread asking for people to vote yay or nae towards to contest?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...o-Contest-Poll

Without further ado, enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

The Introduction

Greetings companies!

With the Confederate update to the Drill Camp just released and all of the Captains & Major tiered backers invited to the Technical Alpha, we feel that right about now is the time to start up the very first, and certainly not last, of our community driven media content!

We’re always super positively surprised regarding the general willingness of the players to partake in drilling and following orders from complete strangers whenever we release new content/open up for new players in the Technical Alpha. It must be a very nice surprise for many of the non-company new players as well to quickly ,without any issues whatsoever, be able to join up with a group of players from a certain company and learn the ropes of how to behave in a combat situation.

Without our lovely companies, we think the general feel of the Technical Alpha would be a very different one and not at all as good a one. In order to thank the companies for existing and for their willingness to embrace new players and teach them the do’s and dont’s we’re going to make the first community event a company specific one.

The Task

In order to participate in this very first company video contest of WoR, all we need for you to do is make sure to capture the very best moments from your company play/drill sessions in the Technical Alpha! The content itself can be anything you deem worthy of our attention and as a representative of your company, be that funny, authentic/historically correct, roleplay episodes or just the possibility to be able to show that your company is the best drilled company in WoR!

Once the video has been captured you must submit it to us within the given deadline (August 9th) and your company video will be in the contest!

The Rewards

The best clips will be selected by Campfire Games and used in an official Company Drill Camp trailer with their company name shown in the trailer, links to recruitment pages on the forum in the video description and have some of the randomized recruitment posters featured on the sides throughout the entire War of Rights website function as links to their recruitment pages for a limited amount of time.

The Specifics

The video recordings must be recorded at 1920x1080, use relatively high graphics settings and have an acceptable framerate in order to be considered as valid entries for the contest. Only entries submitted before the deadline is going to be able to partake in the contest.
    Please don't use music with copyrights!

Please include a link to your company recruitment page in the email when sending the download links to your contest submissions to:

contact@warofrights.com

and label the title of the email “COMPANY VIDEO CONTEST”.

The deadline for the company video contest is August 9th 2016.
    Last edited by Sir Doctor Professor; 07-27-2016 at 02:55 AM.
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

USA Sergeant

Ah I saw this earlier. Also congragulations, you've become Wikileaks.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    Ah I saw this earlier. Also congragulations, you've become Wikileaks.
    Sir Doctor Professor Edward Snowden at your service.
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I

Not to mention, even Bravescot disagreed with it!
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Captain

Also, Bravescot has organized a mini-thread polling this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Well as you've [TrustyJam] admitted to me before, you have 0 knowledge of proper unit management and communities prior to this game so understandably you were unaware of the much darker under belly of companies. If you think that small bit of truth is bad then just wait until we start seeing drama parties start to begin between units and members.

If you're not popping back on this thread of a while then I hope you don't mind if I make a mini thread asking for people to vote yay or nae towards to contest?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...o-Contest-Poll
    Last edited by Sir Doctor Professor; 07-27-2016 at 01:21 PM.
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Doctor Professor View Post
    Sir Doctor Professor Edward Snowden at your service.
    Edward Snowden was the guy who exposed the NSA phone monitoring program, Julian Assange is the guy who's in charge of wikileaks.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by crazychester1247 View Post
    Edward Snowden was the guy who exposed the NSA phone monitoring program, Julian Assange is the guy who's in charge of wikileaks.
    He exposed the NSA using WikiLeaks so he counts, although I must admit, Julian Assange would've been a better choice in my previous post.
    Last edited by Sir Doctor Professor; 07-27-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

All this contest is, is a way for the developers to engage with the various companies of War of Rights. They are giving each company the opportunity to compete and produce content for the developers to use in a trailer for the drill camp. It is important that this is player made. The units who participated will be linked in the description, noted in the video, ect. as a thankyou and recognition for helping the developers in this endeavor. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. Seems like a lot of unneeded drama to me.

In addition, I'm not really sure why you "backed up" anything on the FSE forum.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

USA Major

Please everyone stay friendly to each other!!!! The dev's made us a great game and we backed them!!!!!
    Last edited by VOLCUSGAMING; 07-27-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Major

This response of the professor to a decent contest is quite strange in my eyes. Instead of thinking of the businesss benefits of a proposal he starts to talk about what some people might be feeling or thinking. Instead of saying what he actually means: I have problems with it. Now Sir doctor Professor please share with us what it is that hurts you in the proposal? And can you actually rationally criticize on your own point of view: is it logical to feel this way about this proposal what in a logical and business way makes sense? The only logical arguments I have seen are put in by Rithal thus far.