Thread: Reloading interrupt

CSA Captain

Reloading interrupt

I think it would be a good idea to allow us to interrupt the reload sequence. During a mock battle earlier today we were forced to fall back from a flanking force and I was unable to move because I hadn't secured my ramrod and placed my cap yet. another instance we were charged and I couldn't use my bayonet because I was in the process of placing a cap. In both of these circumstances anyone can agree they would immediately stop what they where doing and continue later if they lived through the moment.

This can also be used in the discussion about the long reload on pistols, if you can interrupt the reload process you wont get stuck standing for long periods of time and an officer would certainly be reloading as he saw fit through out the battle.

Case and point in my previous military experiences we didn't wait until our weapon was empty if given the opportunity to reload and in that case we end up with partial magazines that we would consolidate back into full ones when possible.

CSA Captain

It's an interesting idea. I've thought the inability to break the reloading process was awkward as well.
    Captain William Clark Falkner
    2nd Mississippi
    Company F

"I'll tell you what war is about, you've got to kill people, and when you've killed enough they stop fighting." - Curtis LeMay
    "Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon I
    "Cowards die many times before their actual deaths." - Julius Caesar

At the moment you can only cancel the reload (by pressing R again). Later on, we'd like to add various steps at which the reload will be able to be continued from once interrupted.

- Trusty